This quick and easy White Bean Pumpkin Hummus Dip recipe is perfect as a party appetizer, a snack, or a meal.
Homemade White Bean Pumpkin Hummus Dip Recipe
Sometimes the simplest recipes taste the greatest. Take this recipe for homemade White Bean Pumpkin Hummus. If you love the idea of a healthy appetizer, snack or meal, this is definitely for you.
The reason I chose to use pumpkin is that it gives the dip a richness that can’t be beat. Plus, it melds beautifully with the tahini, another very important ingredient of this recipe.
RELATED: Mixed Bean Hummus
Also, instead of chickpeas, I opted for cannellini beans this time around. I found that the cannellini beans provides a smoother texture and blends better with the pumpkin.
However, the only thing to note is that you’ll need to be sure to add enough spice to the hummus. Both the pumpkin and white beans offer a pretty subtle flavor, but when you add enough spice (see recipe below), you’ll be wowed at how amazing this dip truly is.
So, the easiest way to make this recipe is to put all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. You’ll want to refrigerate the hummus until you are ready to serve it.
All in all, you’ll find that this White Bean Pumpkin Hummus is not only very healthy but super easy to make. Both I feel are prerequisites for great family dining.
Finally, to serve this hummus, center the dish holding the hummus in the center of a platter, and spread out toasted pita chips, crusty bread or crudités out on a tray.
Fun Ways to Serve Up Your White Bean Pumpkin Hummus
• If you want to get fancy, add a plastic drinking cup or bowl to a small hollowed out pumpkin and serve it that way on a tray with bread or veggies, or both.
• Use the hummus as a spread on tortillas, roll, cut into bite size pieces and serve as swirls.
• Make mini wraps as a great finger or party food. And be sure to insert some crunchy veggies too.
For more delicious pumpkin recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
White Bean Pumpkin Hummus Dip Recipe
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin or 8 oz 100% canned pumpkin
- 15 oz cannellini beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp water to thin if needed
- Salted Sunflower Seeds for garnish (optional)
Option 1: Fresh Roasted Pumpkin:
- Follow directions to bake pumpkin – Link in Recipe Notes
Option 2: Canned Pumpkin:
- Use 100% canned pumpkin.
For the Dip:
- Next, add all of the ingredients, including your choice of pumpkin to a food processor. Mix well.
- If the mixture is too thick, add one tablespoon of water at a time.
- Serve with pita chips, crusty bread or vegetable wedges. Keep refrigerated until time to use. Enjoy!