Make time for weight loss self reflection while participating on a bona fide program if you want to see improvement and have success.
Importance and Power of Weight Loss Self Reflection
Always consult your doctor and/or medical personnel before embarking on any health or fitness program. Please review my Disclaimer Page for further definition on this topic.
I know it sounds a bit strange to be looking back at where you’ve been when you are on a fitness or weight loss program, but, it is necessary if you want to see improvement and have success.
Sometimes we need a reality check. And, that is especially true when focusing on any fitness or weight loss program.
It comes about by first evaluating your progress as to how far you’ve come and which benchmarks you’ve achieved. It is from this information that you can set viable goals for the future.
Celebrate the fact that you have overcome temptation and such by refusing to stall or quit.
Self reflection cannot be underestimated. It provides realtime affirmation of where you are and where you want to go, despite the challenges that might come your way.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCT: Hello New Me: A Daily Food and Exercise Journal to Help You Become the Best Version of Yourself – a great beginner’s journal to get you started on tracking your progress.
Now not everyone has positive outcomes. That’s part of the journey, if one is being honest. The truth is, we all fail now and again (sometimes more than we like).
That’s the beauty of reflecting upon your achievements. Good or bad, great strides or baby steps, it’s all about the process of moving forward and reaching your goals.
But this shouldn’t stop you from sticking to the task at hand. Rather, self reflecting on your progress should inspire you to try even harder to stay on task.
So make time to get a bearing on where you’ve been and what you want to achieve in order to keep moving forward.
You’re worth it!
How to Evaluate Your Progress Positively and Stay on Track (Video)
Tips to Keep Track of Your Weight Loss Achievements
There are a lot of variables that veer us off track. But don’t let that stop you from keeping focused on your fitness and weight loss goals.
Here are some suggested ways to remain centered in the days and weeks ahead:
1. Keep a food/exercise log of everything you are eating. This way you’ll see instantly where you might be flailing and faltering in achieving your weight loss goals.
2. Use a large calendar and write in everything you hope to achieve in that day. Sometimes when you see how much you are really trying to do can actually be too much. Trim down and shoot for 1-3 things that are absolutes and the rest “only if you have time” activities.
3. Write down your long-term and short-term goals. When you do this, you will see over time whether you have over-calculated your ability to achieve them.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCT: Start Where You Are Journal – while this isn’t a formal fitness or weight loss journal, it does offer folks an opportunity to really delve into why you are making this life-change in the first place. It’s your life story, after all, so why not make it a story worth reading and journal your successes (and failures) along the way toward creating a “new and improved you.”
4. Re-evaluate your progress every week or so. Nothing wrong with seeing what works and what doesn’t. That way, you’ll be able to nip any issues in the butt sooner than later.
5. Don’t allow fear to keep you from achieving your dreams. After all, you are worth it, no matter what the scale or mirror says/shows. You can do it if you but take that first step toward helping yourself.
Finally, don’t be afraid to look back and gauge where you’ve been. It will only get better! So, get yourself off the couch and be determined to be the best healthy and fit person that you that you can be. I know you can do it. Here’s to your good health!
For more tips for keeping well, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Healthy Living Section.