This refreshingly quick and easy recipe takes two garden favorites: wax beans and mint and makes an amazing summer salad with a light vinaigrette.
Fresh and Delicious Wax Beans with Mint Dressing Salad
This summer I’ve got a large cache of mint and beans, so I was in a quandary of what to do with them. Then, I got the bright idea of putting the two of them together.
RELATED: Tuscan Bird Style Beans
Now, before you turn your nose up at this awesome combination, you’ve gotta give this dish a try.
Just start by blanching three cups of yellow wax beans for about two minutes, no more than that.
Remove with a spider (that’s a special strainer not an arachnid) and place immediately into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and to cool the beans quickly.
Next, make the vinaigrette. Here I’ve taken the guesswork out of which vinegar to use. If you want a vibrant vinaigrette, use distilled vinegar. If you want a sweeter, subtler version of the vinaigrette, then choose champagne or white wine vinegar.
All are perfect to use with this recipe and each have their own special taste. Try it out and see what you like best.
Just be sure to chop the mint and onions up finely. And, add salt and pepper to taste. That’s it!
A delicious side dish in under five minutes!
Doesn’t this look amazing? You’ll love the taste too! Enjoy!
Wax Beans with Mint Dressing
- 3 cups yellow wax beans cut in half
- 3 tbsp mint chopped finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar wine wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 tbsp red onions chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large saucepan, boil water (how much?)
- Carefully, lower wax beans into boiling water and par cook for about 1 minute or so.
- Using a spider or small strainer, remove the beans and drain, place in a serving bowl.
- In another small bowl mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the yellow wax beans, toss well.
- Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!