Kick your party fare up a notch with this recipe for Spicy Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs that are quick and easy to make and just the right amount of heat.
How to Make Spicy Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs Recipe
If you’ve been to parties over the last 20 years or so, you’ve probably tasted this recipe for Cocktail Meatballs at least once.
Certainly, there is an abundance of version touting this appetizer but my version of this classic recipe is an updated 21 century version that will definitely appeal to Millennials and Boomers alike.
Truth be told, there’s nothing like the fresh taste of cranberries. Why? Because it offers a distinctive sweet-tart taste. When paired with meatballs, well, you can’t beat it as a marriage made in culinary heaven.
I’ve made this recipe using the canned jellied version, but give the whole cranberry sauce or your favorite homemade recipe a try. All will work with this recipe and will give you great results.
Next, there’s the Worcestershire sauce. It’s a must for Cranberry Meatballs because it adds a bit of depth and smokiness to the sauce. I find that it pairs well with my Homemade Meatballs recipe.
But the pièce de résistance has to be the addition of Sriracha. I have to tell you that I was a bit wary of it’s part in this recipe but once I decided to include it–which was my best decision to-date–it definitely gives these meatballs the best kind of kick possible.
Assembling this recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s a one-pot deal and if you have an Instant Pot or Slow Cooker, you can start this recipe before your guests show up and serve ’em hot with toothpicks or bamboo skewers. Enjoy!
For more delicious appetizer recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section and these family favorites:
- Cranberry Bacon Smokies
- Baked Brie Wrapped in Puff Pastry
- Tasty Bruschetta and Crostini Recipes
- Holiday Veggie Pizza Wreath
- Holiday Cheeseball Recipes
Spicy Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- 14 oz canned jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water or cranberry juice
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce (add more if you want it hotter)
- 24 fully-cooked homemade meatballs or 24 oz bag Johnsonville frozen, pre-cooked, cocktail-size meatballs
- In a medium size pot, add all of the ingredients, stir well, and allow the jellied cranberry sauce to “melt” on medium high heat.
- Place your cocktail meatballs in a slow cooker or Instant Pot to keep them warm for your party guests. Set to LOW but keep in eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add some water if the sauce becomes too thick, if necessary.
- Serve with toothpicks or bamboo skewers. Enjoy!