Cuban-Inspired – Quick and Easy Spa Mojito Recipe
When you need a drink that tastes refreshing and is perfect not only for long summer evenings by the beach but also a winner up north when the snow flies, then look no further than my Easy Spa Mojito recipe.
RELATED: GaGa Key Lime Margarita Recipe
This, like most Mojito recipes, use muddled mint leaves, a sugary syrup, a bit of lime and rum. So what’s the difference? It’s my secret ingredient. Cucumber.
My inspiration came from spending some time at a wonderful spa up in Wisconsin Dells: Sundara Inn and Spa. It’s a wonderful spot to relax and rejuvenate and recollect.
As part of their hallmark of unbelievable service, they offer a variety of infused waters throughout this facility to rejuvenate their guests after enjoying their Purifying Bath Ritual, a well-deserved spa treatment or even after a hearty round of golf.
I took this idea to heart and dreamed up this cocktail as a way to celebrate the tranquil atmosphere of one of my favorite places to visit.
Easy Spa Mojito sans alcohol? You bet. You can make this drink with or without alcohol. Just follow the directions below but delete the rum. Either way you’ll see why this is the perfect drink for summertime or anytime! Buen provecho!
How to Make Easy Spa Mojito
This is a step-by-step pictorial for making your own Spa Mojito.
Using simple ingredients, this quick and easy Spa Mojito recipe can be made in under two minutes.
Muddle the mint leaves to release essence of mint.
Add one teaspoon of sugar and muddle again.
Add one-half cup of simple syrup.
When muddled, you will have a “minty mash.”
Strain the “minty mash” into the glass.
Use the pestle to push any extra liquid into the glass.
You know you are finished when the mint leaves look “dry.”
Divide the strained liquid between two glasses.
Add 1 1/2 ounces of white rum in each glass.
Add a handful of ice and three slices of seeded, one-half cucumber slices in each glass.
Add the juice of 1/2 lime in each glass. Then top off each glass with club soda.
Garnish with a lime slice and two mint leaves in each glass. Serve. Enjoy!
RELATED: Fresh Lemon Martini Recipe
Recommended Products to Make This Easy Spa Mojito Recipe
In order to make a great mojito, you will need to muddle your mint. That takes a good mortar and pestle. My own mortar and pestle isn’t offered any longer, so I suggest this granite beauty that is also recommended by celebrity Chef David Rosengarten.
Durable and versatile, you can use it to muddle mint, as well as to crush garlic, herbs and even peppercorns.
And, here my absolute favorite all-purpose glasses for your Easy Spa Mojito drink:
For more refreshing Mojito and drink recipes be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Drink and Cocktail Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Easy Spa Mojito Recipe
- 1 cup mint leaves fresh, use leaves only
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 4 oz Simple Syrup
- 3 oz white rum
- 4 oz club soda more if needed
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 2 cups Ice approximately
- 2 lime slices
- 6 slices cucumber deseeded, cut in half
- Muddle the mint leaves to release essence of mint.
- Add one tablespoon of sugar and muddle again.
- Add one-half cup of simple syrup (sugar syrup).
- When muddled, you will have a “minty mash.”
- Strain the “minty mash” into a glass.
- Use the pestle to push any extra liquid into the glass.
- You know you are finished when the mint leaves look “dry.”
- Divide strained liquid between two glasses.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of white rum into each glass.
- Add a handful of ice and three slices of seeded, one-half cucumber slices in each glass.
- Add juice of 1/2 lime in each glass.
- Top off each glass with club soda.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with lime slice and two mint leaves.
- Serve. Enjoy!