When you want to add a healthy gluten free side dish to your favorite dinner recipe, try Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios which cooks up in under 10 minutes.
Cooks Up in a Snap – Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios Recipe
I love trying new combinations of ingredients and this combo is made in heaven.
So, when I came up with this recipe for Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios, the combination between the sweetness of the peas and the saltiness of the pistachios didn’t disappoint.
I like to serve it alongside salmon or Teriyaki Chicken, but you can certainly include it with grilled Tilapia or even your favorite pork dish.
RELATED: Easy Creamed Peas Recipe
It’s definitely a quick and easy recipe that you’ll want to keep in your arsenal when scrambling for a healthy side dish for your family. Enjoy!
For more delicious side dish ideas be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Side Dish Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios
- 1 pound sugar snap peas fresh
- 1/2 cup pistachios finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Flakes optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a frypan for about a minute on high and then add your extra virgin olive oil and butter. Turn heat down to medium high.
- Next add the sugar snap peas and stir well. Cook for five minutes, stirring regularly.
- Chop your pistachios up and add to the snap peas.
- Finish cooking for about two minutes or so. Salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!