Add a healthy gluten free side dish to your favorite dinner recipe with Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios that’s ready in 10 minutes.
I love trying new combinations of ingredients and this combo is made in heaven.
I came up with this recipe for Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios because I was looking for a combination between the sweetness of the peas and the saltiness of nuts, in this case, pistachios. It didn’t disappoint.
It’s definitely a quick and easy recipe that you’ll want to keep in your arsenal when scrambling for a healthy side dish for your family. Enjoy!
How to Make Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios Recipe
Gently clean one pound of fresh sugar snap peas and place them in a heated large sided fry pan, along with olive oil and butter.
Sauté this for five minutes until the peas soften. Next add red pepper flakes, and crushed pistachios. Stir well and remove from the heat. Serve hot. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios
These sugar snap peas are the perfect side dish with a variety of roasted meat. Here are just a few of my favorite recipes:
- Pistachio Dijon Crusted Salmon
- Asian Sesame Pork Tenderloin
- Healthy Sheet Pan Tilapia
- Best Roasted Lemon Spatchcock Chicken
- Salt and Herb Crusted Prime Rib Roast
Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas and Pistachios
- 1 pound sugar snap peas fresh
- 1/2 cup pistachios finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Flakes optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a frypan for about a minute on high and then add your extra virgin olive oil and butter. Turn heat down to medium high.
- Next add the sugar snap peas and stir well. Cook for five minutes, stirring regularly.
- Chop your pistachios up and add to the snap peas.
- Finish cooking for about two minutes or so. Salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!