This Ramen Noodle and Napa Cabbage Salad Recipe is perfect for any occasion and uses fresh vegetables with a light Asian-inspired dressing.
How to Make Ramen Noodle and Napa Cabbage Salad Recipe
There are some recipes that I long for at parties and this recipe for Ramen Noodle and Napa Cabbage Salad is one of them.
I’m attracted to the delicious crunch of the ramen noodles, as well as, the hint of sesame oil in the dressing. And, when paired with Asian-inspired vegetables, you’ve got the makings for a potluck salad that is perfecto!
RELATED: Easy German Potato Salad
In fact, this is my ultimate favorite chopped vegetable salad for holiday parties, summer gatherings, game day soirees and picnics.
And, if you add a protein to the mix, like cooked cubed chicken breast, you’ll have yourself a main dish that rivals any other–and it’s super healthy, too.
Besides that, it’s beautiful to look at. Don’t you think?
Plus, you’ll love how easy it is to assemble the salad.
I find it best to make the dressing first in the bottom of the serving bowl and then layer all of the vegetables on top, starting first with the napa cabbage.
Then, when the party starts, or you get to your destination for your potluck (or gathering), all you have to do is toss the salad and serve right away.
And, don’t forget to sprinkle the salad with my favorite garnish: Black Sesame Seeds. They add an additional layer of crunch and toasty goodness to the salad.
Cooking Tip: You can make this salad a day ahead. In this case, forego the ramen noodles until just before you dress the salad. And, speaking of the salad dressing–you’ll want to make the dressing on the day of rather than the day before, so that your vegetables (and ramen noodles) won’t get soggy.
It’s that quick and easy and delicious too! Enjoy!
For more quick and easy (and delicious) salad ideas, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Ramen Noodle and Napa Cabbage Salad Recipe
For the Salad:
- 4 cups napa cabbage chopped
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup carrots julienne
- 1 cup red peppers chopped
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds more if you like
- 1 package ramen noodles crush noodles (do not cook noodles and do not use flavor packet)
- 1 cup cashews optional
- 3/4 cup almonds slivered or sliced (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp teriyaki
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- In the bottom of the serving bowl, mix the vinegar, sugar, toasted sesame oil, teriyaki and soy sauce. Mix well. Salt and pepper, to taste.
For the Salad:
- Then layer the rest of the ingredients together, including the ramen noodles. The cashews and almonds are optional.
- When ready to serve, just toss the salad mixing well. Enjoy!