This Quick Lemon Berry Trifle Recipe is easy to make with fresh berries, lemon curd, angel food cake and Cool Whip.
Sometimes you need a dessert and fast, and this recipe for Quick Lemon Berry Trifle couldn’t be easier. With just a few ingredients, you can have yourself a sweet treat that looks amazing in no time at all.
It’s true I like to take advantage of the availability of fresh seasonal fruit, so what better way to pack a fruity punch than with a trifle.
To this, you’ll add a “cream” layer that can be anything from a whipped topping, to custard or pudding.
Finally, you’ll add your favorite berries, chocolate bits, etc.
It’s really all about the layers of flavor.
What I love about this dessert is that it is so pretty. You can definitely display it prominently on a dessert table with pride.
And, this dessert recipe also travels and stores well, so you can make up the ingredients ahead of time and then assemble the trifle in just minutes.
Now that’s what I call an easy-breezy dessert.
RELATED: No Bake Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
How to Make a Lemon Berry Trifle
For this recipe you’ll need a few ingredients: one Angel Food Cake, Cool Whip topping, lemon curd and fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
You will also need a trifle bowl or other clear bowl that will show off the layers of Angel Food Cake, whipped lemon curd and berries.
Now you can purchase a premade Angel Food Cake like I did from my grocer. This saves time tremendously, but you can also opt to make your own if you’d like.
RELATED: Easy No Bake Lime Curd Pie
If you’ve never made Angel Food Cake before, here’s a quick video tutorial to get you started.
How to Make Homemade Angel Food Cake (Video)
Mix these two ingredients in a large bowl. You’ll need 8 ounces of Cool Whip for this portion of the recipe and 1/3 cup of lemon curd.
Mix well to combine both ingredient. Set aside.
Next start by layering the dessert in your trifle bowl. Use one half of the Angel Food Cake that you have torn (or cut) into chunks. This will make up your first layer.
Then add dollops of lemon-whipped cream.
Finish with one half of your fruit.
Do this one more time and then add 4 ounces of plain Cool Whip on top of the final fruit layer and then garnish with more berries and/or a sprig of mint.
Serve in raised ice cream or dessert glasses. Enjoy!
For more delicious, quick and easy desserts, like this Quick Lemon Berry Trifle, for your next occasion, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Quick Lemon Berry Trifle Recipe
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- 12 oz Cool Whip original
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 cup raspberries more to garnish (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries more to garnish (optional)
- 2 cups strawberries sliced lengthwise, more to garnish (optional)
- sprig of mint to garnish (optional)
- In a medium size bowl, mix 8 ounces of Cool Whip (1 packagwith the lemon curd. Set aside.
- In a large trifle bowl, break up 1/2 of the angle food cake into small chunks. This will form the base of the trifle.
- Layer evenly with dollops of lemon curd-whip.
- Follow this with a layer of 1/2 of the berries.
- Continue with the rest of the angel food cake, then the rest of the berries.
- Top with 4 oz of plain Cool Whip.
- You can garnish the top of the trifle with more berries and/or a sprig of fresh mint. Enjoy!