When you’re short on time and need a meal on the go, try my Poached Egg, Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich that cooks up in under 10 minutes.
Breakfast in a Snap – Poached Egg, Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
In the past when I was short on time and needed to get to work before the crack of dawn, you’d find me going through a certain restaurant’s drive-thru buying their breakfast sandwich. But this got to be pricey.
So, I decided to take charge of my spending and my time and make my breakfast homemade instead.
It’s really easy to do if you know how.
Now I’m all for quick and easy in the morning. Besides no one I know really has the time to “gourmet-it” everyday, so why not streamline the first meal of the day with something simple like a breakfast sandwich?
Cooking Tip: Love the idea of a gourmet breakfast sandwich? Add sautéed spinach or homemade pesto for a delicious change.
I start off by preparing my Easy Poached Eggs in Ramekins per the recipe instructions.
While you are waiting for the eggs to cook, toast the English muffins and heat the Canadian bacon or ham in the microwave for 30 seconds or until warm.
Then, lay out all of the plates and ingredients and assemble away.
In no time at all, the sandwiches are ready to go. Easy-peezy.
This is why I love this sandwich so much. Time to serve and enjoy!
For more quick and easy morning meals, check out my Pinterest Board: Breakfast Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Poached Egg Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 poached eggs Follow instructions for this recipe via link in RECIPE NOTES below.
- 4 English Muffins
- 4 deli ham slices or fully-cooked Canadian Bacon or even cooked bacon
- 4 cheddar cheese slices
- Prepare Easy Poached Eggs per recipe instructions. (Link found in RECIPE NOTES below.)
- Toast English muffins.
- Heat ham slices or Canadian bacon in the microwave for 30 seconds or until warm. You can also grill the bacon until warmed.
- Assemble sandwich: Stack cheese, Canadian bacon and poached eggs on the English muffin. Enjoy!