This creamy, dreamy Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff Pie Recipe is made with marshmallow creme, cream cheese and Cool Whip Topping in an Oreo crust.
How to Make Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff Pie
There are some desserts that just have to be a part of your recipe repertoire–holiday or otherwise–and this is recipe for Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff Pie is one of them.
The inspiration for this recipe came as a result of wanting a holiday dessert that wasn’t too heavy but provided a sweet repast that both my guests and I wanted.
I combined peppermint candies with marshmallow creme, also known as marshmallow fluff, along with whipped cream cheese and Cool Whip–all of which give this recipe it’s unbelievable light and airy texture.
And, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this holiday-favorite dessert. But what I like about it is that it only takes minutes to mix and assemble, so that you can have a dessert that is ready when your guests arrive.
Peppermint Pie Ingredients
As mentioned above, to make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- marshmallow creme
- Cool Whip Original Whipped Topping
- whipped cream cheese
- peppermint extract
- Oreo Pie Crust
- peppermint candies
Start by crushing the peppermint candies with a hammer or meat tenderizer.
It’s best if you place the candies in a sealed plastic bag. It takes a little work to crush them but keep at it until you get a fine dust–or as small pieces as possible.
You will also want to set aside a tablespoon or so of this candy for garnish.
In a large bowl, mix the marshmallow creme, cream cheese and Cool Whip together. Next add the peppermint extract and the crushed peppermint candy pieces. Stir well.
Spoon this mixture into your Oreo pie crust and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Garnish with the rest of the crushed candy pieces. Slice, serve and Enjoy!
If you like this Peppermint Pie then you’ll definitely love these fan-favorite whipped desserts:
Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff Pie Recipe
- 7 oz Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 8 oz Cool Whip Original
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- Remove the wrapping of the peppermint candies and place in a sealed plastic bag. Using a hammer or meat tenderizer, crush the candies into very small pieces–candy dust is best. Set aside a tablespoon of this for garnish later.
- In a large bowl add the marshmallow creme, Cool Whip and whipped cream cheese, along with peppermint extract and the rest of the peppermint candies. Mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the Oreo Pie Crust and smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 to 60 minutes before serving. Before serving, garnish with the rest of the candy bits. Slice, serve. Enjoy!