This homemade Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe is ready in 35 minutes and perfect with pasta, a snack or dipping as a party appetizer.
How to Make Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
If you love dipping, then you’ll definitely love this Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe made with a handful of ingredients and perfect for parties or for family dining.
The truth is I love chicken nuggets.
Perhaps it is because of the crunchy cheesy crust and tender chicken inside.
Or perhaps it’s because they’re so easy to make.
That’s really important for families that are constantly on the go, so preparing food quickly and easily is a must.
That’s the beauty of these deliciously easy Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets. They’re perfect for a variety of dining options:
• Dippers. They are perfect for tailgate, game day parties or stay-at-home affairs. In fact, you’ll want to make several batches of these dippers, along with a few of your favorite dipping sauces as a super finger food that your friends and family will love.
• Chicken Parmesan. Serve these up with spaghetti and marinara sauce.
• Stir Fry. Use as the main protein for Asian Orange Chicken.
• Salad. Add a handful of chicken nuggets as part of a dinner salad.
• Snack. Warm briefly and eat as a quick and easy snack.
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, precut the chicken breasts into smaller chunks (think nuggets) so that they cook quicker.
Next, pound the slices until they are thin. This keeps the cooking time uniformed, so the nuggets won’t dry out.
Time to prepare the chicken for breading. Use mayonnaise rather than eggs. I find that it keeps the chicken moist and all you have to do is put it into a self-sealing gallon bag and you’re all set.
The hard part is making sure the chicken is completely coated. (Shhh! Don’t tell my kids this part is fun!)
The same method is used for breading. It’s shake, shake, shake and the chicken is complete.
Now to the baking. I have found that you don’t have to fry my chicken nuggets before placing it in the oven. Instead use parchment paper.
Then spray the sided cookie sheet first with a bit of non-stick spray to hold parchment in place and spray it again lightly before placing the chicken pieces on it. This way, the chicken browns and crisps up nicely but doesn’t stick to the paper. Sweet!
While the chicken is baking, approximately 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F, it’s time to cook the pasta and heat up the marinara sauce.
And, after you do this, be sure to check on the chicken and turn it over at the 10 minute mark. Add more parmesan on top and bake until cooked through.
Once the chicken has baked completely (approximately 30-35 minutes), remove it from the oven and plate up.
For me, I like to go ahead and serve up the food for those dining in.
And…for those members of the family who are unable to join us, I’ll usually wrap up a plate full of “Parmesan Nuggets” for the stragglers, along with a ramekin with some leftover marinara sauce. This way, the nuggets heat up quickly in the microwave and can be eaten like a dipper instead of a full meal.
Now that’s what I call quick and easy dining!
For more delicious quick and easy weeknight meals, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Dinner Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.com and these amazing family favorites:
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- Spicy Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- Cranberry Bacon Smokies
- Skillet Salisbury Steak
- 10 Minute One Pan Pasta
Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts sliced into small chunks
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Non-stick spray
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breasts up into smaller chunks so that they cook quicker.
- Then use a mallet (flat side) to pound them thinner.
- Measure out mayonnaise and place it in a gallon bag that you can seal.
- Place all of your chicken into this bag, seal tightly and shake until all of the chicken has been coated.
- In another gallon bag add all of the Italian bread crumbs and 1 cup of the shredded parmesan, along with the basil.
- Transfer all of the chicken from the mayonnaise bag into the one with breading.
- Seal tightly and shake until all of the chicken pieces have been coated completely with the breading mixture.
- Prepare the baking sheets with parchment paper that has been cut to size.
- Spray a little bit of non-stick spray on the cookie sheet then place the parchment paper on it.
- Spray once more, this time, completely.
- Lay out the chicken pieces closely to one another.
- Place in the oven to bake. After 10 minutes, flip the chicken pieces over and sprinkle on the rest of the parmesan on top of each.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken dippers from the oven.
- Plate up the meal with cooked spaghetti and dippers on top. Enjoy!