This deliciously simple Pan Fried Breakfast Potatoes with Dill recipe is made from scratch and ready in 20 minutes.
How to Make Pan Fried Breakfast Potatoes
There are mornings in my house when I love to splurge on all the fixings for breakfast, my Pan Fried Breakfast Potatoes with Dill has it all: freshness and heartiness.
Hearty breakfasts don’t have to take much time. They just have taste good. So if you love skillet potatoes like I do, then you’ll love this easy recipe for pan fried breakfast potatoes. The perfect addition to any hearty breakfast every time.
Here’s how to make it:
Start by cutting up a yellow pepper and a red onion into small pieces.
Then finely chop up some dill.
Next, peel, slice and cube potatoes and put them in water to keep them from browning.
To a hot skillet fry pan, add a bit of oil and a couple of tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted, drain the potatoes well, then add them along with the onions, peppers, and onions.
Then fry everything on medium heat for 10 minutes until cooked through.
If you want crispy potatoes, cook them for a minute or two longer. Or, if you want them al dente, stop frying at this point.
Finally, it’s always best to add the dill at the last minute for maximum flavor. Just stir it through and serve it hot. That’s it!
For more amazing side dish recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Pan Fried Breakfast Potatoes with Dill
- 4 Russet potatoes medium, peeled, sliced, cubed
- 1 yellow pepper sliced, cubed
- 1 red onion medium, chopped
- 2 tbsp dill fresh, chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To a hot fry pan (med hi heat) add Crisco oil and butter.
- Next add yellow peppers, red onions and cubed potatoes. Stir well, then cover fry pan.
- Keep frying on medium high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover, stir, and continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- Cook until knife goes easily through potatoes. If you want crispy, potatoes, fry until golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!