Kid-friendly and portable, Oven-Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescents recipe, is a classic favorite but with layers of crusty goodness.
Kid-friendly and portable, this oven-baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescents recipe, takes a classic favorite and offers layers of crusty goodness.
One of my fondest memories of growing up has to be hands-down, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It’s true. I remember my mom loading us up with stacks of sandwiches (there were five kids to feed) to enjoy a makeshift picnic outside.
I have to admit that even as an adult, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are my go to meal when I’m pressed for time.
I still get a warm and fuzzy feeling thinking about how wonderfully decadent these sandwiches tasted while sitting on a blanket in the summer sun. Our hands and faces were sticky, but hey, that’s what life’s about, isn’t it?
RELATED: Jelly-Filled Hand Pies
And, now this recipe Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescent Rolls has now become my family favorite. With layers of crusty goodness this kid-friendly treat will also have kids of all ages clamoring for you to make it, again and again.
Why? Because it’s so easy to make and clean up too!
DID YOU KNOW? If you are a fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, then you’ll love this yearly celebration of National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, April 2.
So I got to thinking how could I take a classic and make it go sky high? My answer was to wrap the filling with rich crescent dough. The result was sheer decadence. In just a few minutes I could prepare and bake a treat or meal that I have to say is out of this world.
You’re gonna want to try this recipe yourself. But be aware that it will be difficult to limit yourself to eating just one.
How to Make Oven-Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescents
Here’s a step by step tutorial how to make Oven-Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescents.
After opening the crescent packaging, roll out one of the triangles to fill.
Add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter but be sure to leave at least a 1/4 of an inch around all three sides free from filling.
Do the same with your 1 teaspoon of jam.
Pick up the wide end of the triangle and pull it over.
Tuck in this end and begin to roll.
Using a forward motion with your hand, roll the crescent up to the tip.
Make sure that the tip is rolled up tight.
Do this for all 8 crescent rolls, then place your crescent rolls on a baking sheet.
Place Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescents in a preheated 375 degree F oven to bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven once baked. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve. Eat. Enjoy!
For more delicious kid-friendly recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Oven-Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescents Recipe
- 8 tsp peanut butter creamy
- 8 tsp grape jam (I like Welches or any jam of your choosing.)
- 8 Pillsbury’s Crescent Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- After opening the crescent packaging, lay out one of the crescent “triangles.”
- Place a teaspoon of peanut butter and spread it out in the middle, being careful to leave about a 1/4 of an inch along each side of the triangle without filling.
- Next place a teaspoon of jam on top of the peanut butter and spread it out in the same way, leaving the sides free from filling.
- Gently lift the wide end of the triangle, roll it forward, being sure to tuck in this edge and roll evenly toward the tip.
- Once you get to the end, pick up your PB&J roll-up and place it on a non-greased baking sheet.
- Do this for all 8 crescent rolls.
- Be sure to leave at least 2 inches of space around each of the rolls.
- Place baking sheet in oven for about 12 minutes or until the crescents turn golden brown.
- Once finished baking, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and eat. Enjoy!