This One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet Dinner Recipe uses ground beef, turkey or chicken, onions, peppers and flour tortillas in a spicy sauce.
How to Make One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet Dinner Recipe
If you love the taste of tacos but want a change from the same-old, same-old, then you’ll be amazed with the simplicity and super taste of this spicy One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet Dinner Recipe.
The simplicity is that you’ll only have one pot or pan to clean which is a must for busy family dining.
You’ll also love this dish because it’s loaded with vegetables, black beans and your choice of meat: beef, chicken or turkey–or even fresh shrimp. Delish!
As I mentioned before, for the most part, everything gets tossed into a large sided skillet and cooked together, even the flour tortilla strips. Once everything is heated through, this cheesy taco skillet is ready to eat.
Once cooked, bring it tableside.
RELATED: Southwest Cheesy Layered Taco Bake
Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions (optional) and cilantro.
This recipe makes eight servings and is a definite hunger-stopper not to mention super tasty. Enjoy!
For more delicious family-friendly dishes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section and these Taco Tuesday Favorites:
- Authentic Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe
- Lone Star Salsa
- Restaurant Style Beef Nachos Recipe
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Mexican Queso Blanco Dip
One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1.5 lbs ground beef ground turkey, chicken or fresh shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup red peppers chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes fresh, chopped
- 28 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 4 oz can green chilis
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ancho chili pepper ground
- 4 flour tortillas 6 inch size preferred, sliced into strips and halved
- 1.5 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except tortillas and cheese and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce heats through. Reduce heat to low and add flour tortilla strips. Mix well.
- Allow the taco skillet to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add cheese. Allow it melt.
- Top with sour cream in the center and sprinkle with green onions (optional). Serve immediately. Enjoy!