This delicious old fashioned No Flour Cornbread is gluten-free and uses only cornmeal. Use as a side with soups, stews and salads.
How to Make No Flour Cornbread Recipe
If you’ve ever wondered if you can eat cornbread on a gluten free diet, you can! This recipe for No Flour Cornbread recipe is made with no flour at all—gluten or gluten-free.
It’s simple and easy to make and delicious as a side with meat dishes and with your favorite soups and stews.
And, you can make it sweet or savory, too.
This recipe uses pantry-ready items and can be made in 30 minutes or less. It’s basically a “dump” recipe, meaning that all of the ingredients are placed in a bowl.
And, then you dump it right into a prepared 8×8 inch baking pan that has been pre-greased with nonstick spray.
Bake the cornbread until golden brown.
Allow to cool for five minutes before slicing and serving.
I like to top my No Flour Cornbread with butter and honey, but it’s also delicious as is. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? Here are a few more of my favorite quick bread recipes, sweet and savory, that you can make and bake today!
No Flour Cornbread Recipe
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter salted or unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pre-grease 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients in the order listed and stir well.
- Pour cornbread batter into prepared baking pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown, or a toothpick placed in center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with butter and honey, optional. Enjoy!