This quick and easy No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake recipe offers a rich Cool Whip chocolate mousse-like filling in an Oreo crust.
How to Make No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
Many times necessity is the mother of invention especially when it comes to recipes. This recipe for No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake is a great example of this.
Recently, I needed a dessert for an event that had to wow the guests. Well, this dreamy, creamy cake fit the bill.
It is I feel the best Oreo cheesecake recipe with Cool Whip that is both no bake and easy to make. Plus, it offers a a chocolate mousse-like filling that’s ready in 3 hours.
Just what this baker needed.
And, now you too can make this for your family. It’s so quick and easy.
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make this rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake.
Start with 12 ounces of softened cream cheese (let it come to room temperature). Use a stand mixer and beat the cream cheese with a whisk or paddle attachment, or hand mixer. (See Cooking Tip below.)
Cooking Tip: As you can see from the image below, I used a whisk attachment. This works well when your cream cheese is very soft. If you plan on using cream cheese that’s come right out from the fridge, use the paddle attachment or a hand mixer instead for best results.
Next, combine the powdered sugar and sour cream with the cream cheese until the filling is smooth, light and fluffy.
Then, add melted bittersweet chocolate morsels and beat until smooth.
Next add the Cool Whip topping, stir well to incorporate it into the filling and pour it into an Oreo Pie crust.
Allow your Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake to chill for at least three hours.
Finally…slice and serve. Enjoy!
You won’t believe how smooth and rich this No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake tastes. It’s definitely a crowd-pleaser. Give it a try!
No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake Recipe FAQ’s
How do you remove a no-bake cheesecake from a springform pan?
This recipe uses a 9 inch premade pie crust, but if you make your own Oreo pie crust, you can use a springform pan if you completely grease the inside and base prior to adding your crust. To release it quickly and easily: Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator. Dampen a 100% kitchen towel and place it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so until warm, not too hot. Then wrap this towel around the outside of the springform pan. Doing so should warm the pan enough to allow it to release easily. If not, carefully re-dampen the towel and try again. You can also try using a blunt knife (like a frosting knife) and run it carefully between the pan and crust. Note: Every microwave is different, so the time to warm the towel might require more or less time to fully warm the towel.
Can you set a no-bake cheesecake in the freezer?
Yes, you can put a no-bake cheesecake in the freezer for eating at a later date or to set quickly (30 minutes or so). If you will be eating it immediately, place your cake in the refrigerator to stay chilled. Or if you will be storing it longer or overnight, be sure to cover it completely and wrap well. You don’t want to have crystals forming on your cake.
Can you freeze a no-bake cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze a no-bake cheesecake. However, it will need to be thawed to be able to cut it properly when ready to serve. So for best results, place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to slowly thaw, then bring it out of the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
How long will a no-bake cheesecake last in the refrigerator?
This recipe for No-Bake will last in the refrigerator about three days.
Which chocolate is best for No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake recipe?
You can use chocolate morsels or you can use Belgium cocoa (1 tablespoon) but add a bit more sugar (1-2 tablespoons, since processed cocoa isn’t sweetened. (Affiliate links)
Can you use other flavored morsels instead of bittersweet chocolate?
You can use a variety of flavored morsels in place of bittersweet morsels. Try one of the following: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint, white chocolate, cherry-flavored baking chips, peppermint, Hershey’s Kitchens Sea Salt Caramel Chips, Bailey’s Irish Cream or even Nestle Toll House Espresso Baking Chips are a must try! (Affiliate Links)
Can you use a different flavored crust for this recipe?
Absolutely, you can definitely use a different crust for this recipe. Try a plain graham cracker crust, walnut, or shortbread crust. Or to make individual portions, you can fill sweet tart shells or mini sugar free ready-to-eat graham cracker pie crusts. (Affiliate links)
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out my other favorite chocoholic-lovers recipes:
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Flourless Cake
- Butterscotch Heath Chocolate Cake
- No-Churn Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- Double Chocolate Quick Bread
No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 oz Nestle Bittersweet Chocolate Morsels melted
- 8 oz Cool Whip Whipped Topping-Original thawed
- 1 Oreo Ready Crust
- Microwave the bittersweet chocolate on HI to melt in a microwave-safe bowl for approximately 2 minutes. (Note: It’s best if you heat the chocolate in 1 minute increments until mostly melted.) Remove and stir until smooth. Then, allow the chocolate to cool for another 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk, beat cream cheese until smooth, approximately 1 minute, then add the sour cream and blend until combined.
- Add powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments, and allow it to combine completely with the filling before adding the next amount.
- Next, add the melted chocolate to the mixture and again beat until combined.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer and hand stir the Cool Whip. Keep stirring in circular motions until there’s no “white” of the Cool Whip showing.
- Then, pour the filling into a pre-made Oreo crust and smooth it around to fill any gaps. Remove any excess filling, if necessary.
- Finally, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Slice, serve, and Enjoy!