This quick and easy No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake recipe offers a rich Cool Whip chocolate mousse-like filling in an Oreo crust.
How to Make No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
Many times necessity is the mother of invention especially when it comes to recipes. This recipe for No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake is a great example of this.
Recently, I needed a dessert for an event that had to wow the guests. Well, this dreamy, creamy cake fit the bill.
It is I feel the best Oreo cheesecake recipe with Cool Whip that is both no bake and easy to make. Plus, it offers a a chocolate mousse-like filling that’s ready in 3 hours.
Just what this baker needed.
And, now you too can make this for your family. It’s so quick and easy.
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make this rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake.
Start with 12 ounces of softened cream cheese (let it come to room temperature). Use a stand mixer and beat the cream cheese with a whisk or paddle attachment, or hand mixer. (See Cooking Tip below.)
Cooking Tip: As you can see from the image below, I used a whisk attachment. This works well when your cream cheese is very soft. If you plan on using cream cheese that’s come right out from the fridge, use the paddle attachment or a hand mixer instead for best results.
Next, combine the powdered sugar and sour cream with the cream cheese until the filling is smooth, light and fluffy.
Then, add melted bittersweet chocolate morsels and beat until smooth.
Next add the Cool Whip topping, stir well to incorporate it into the filling and pour it into an Oreo Pie crust.
Allow your Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake to chill for at least three hours.
Finally…slice and serve. Enjoy!
You won’t believe how smooth and rich this No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake tastes. It’s definitely a crowd-pleaser. Give it a try!
And…if you love this recipe, be sure to check out my other chocoholic-lovers recipes:
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Flourless Cake
- Butterscotch Heath Chocolate Cake
- No-Churn Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- Double Chocolate Quick Bread
No-Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 oz Nestle Bittersweet Chocolate Morsels melted
- 8 oz Cool Whip Whipped Topping-Original thawed
- 1 Oreo Ready Crust
- Microwave the bittersweet chocolate on HI to melt in a microwave-safe bowl for approximately 2 minutes. (Note: It’s best if you heat the chocolate in 1 minute increments until mostly melted.) Remove and stir until smooth. Then, allow the chocolate to cool for another 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk, beat cream cheese until smooth, approximately 1 minute, then add the sour cream and blend until combined.
- Add powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments, and allow it to combine completely with the filling before adding the next amount.
- Next, add the melted chocolate to the mixture and again beat until combined.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer and hand stir the Cool Whip. Keep stirring in circular motions until there’s no “white” of the Cool Whip showing.
- Then, pour the filling into a pre-made Oreo crust and smooth it around to fill any gaps. Remove any excess filling, if necessary.
- Finally, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Slice, serve, and Enjoy!