This quick and easy gluten free nacho cheese recipe, Mexican Queso Blanco Dip, is smooth and creamy with the right amount of spiciness.
Gluten Free Mexican Queso Blanco Dip Recipe
If you’ve been following Wisconsin Homemaker, I cover a lot of ground with recipes from around the world. Well, this recipe for Mexican Queso Blanco Dip is by far my favorite dipper sauce yet. And, it’s based off a Mexican recipe for queso blanco.
It’s definitely better than jarred versions. You’ll love it because this white queso or nacho cheese dip recipe is smooth and creamy with just the right amount of spiciness.
It’s best when served with tortilla chips, vegetable sticks or better still use alongside your favorite Mexican recipe.
RELATED: Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas
But I have to admit, I’m hooked when it comes to nacho cheese. I’m a dipper by heart and can’t resist pulling out the tortilla chips for a one-on-on encounter with one of the best EVER! dips for any occasion.
You can make this stovetop and then transfer it to a mini crockpot to keep it warm. (HINT: Set your crockpot to LOW, otherwise the queso will burn).
But it does hold up if left to room temperature.
The Perfect Party Dip
This nacho dip works well for all occasions including game day, family gatherings, Super Bowl parties, tailgating, picnics and more.
Finally, include your favorite dippers like tortilla chips, veggie wedges, pita chips, or toasted bread.
RELATED: Favorite Dipping Sauce Recipes
So what are you waiting for? Get dipping with this quick and easy Mexican Queso Blanco Dip recipe. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, it’s also Gluten Free! Enjoy!
For more delicious dip recipe ideas for your next party, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Gluten Free Mexican Queso Blanco Dip (White Queso) Recipe
This quick and easy homemade gluten free nacho cheese recipe, Mexican Queso Blanco Dip, is smooth and creamy with the right amount of spiciness. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 1/4 cup White Sharp Cheddar shredded
- 1 1/4 cup Monterrey Jack shredded
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup tomato chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pimentón or Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 4 oz mild green chiles canned, roasted and peeled—include juice
- 12 oz whipping cream
- 1 jalapeño pepper ribs and seeds removed, and minced (optional)
- Salt as needed
- Toss cheese with cornmeal in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan add all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the sauce to a light boil.
- Slowly drop in handfuls of cheese into the saucepan while stirring constantly.
- Mix well.
- Heat through until all the cheese has been mixed into the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with tortilla chips or veggie sticks.
Note: You can keep the queso warm in a small crockpot. Set temp to low. You can also serve this queso cooled.