This recipe for Jam Filled Hand Pies uses pie dough and jarred jam or preserves and makes a quick and easy dessert or snack.
Quick and Easy Jam Filled Hand Pies Recipe
This super easy jam filled hand pies recipe is the perfect individual dessert for your friends and family. It uses pre-made pie dough and jarred jam or preserves that bakes up in under 30 minutes.
The star ingredient that makes this possible is Pillsbury’s Refrigerated Pie Dough. And, for good reason. Its consistent quality allows me to bake up savory and sweets like this one time after time.
Now, I’m not getting paid to say this by Pillsbury but my own biased opinion.
You’ll find that you can treat it like you would any homemade dough. It comes rolled up in the package that you can easily unroll onto a floured surface.
To make the necessary cut out, I used a glass as a template for my round hand pies.
Next, melt a approximately 4 tablespoons of butter.
Lay the cut rounds in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
Butter the base of each round. This will help seal the edges of the bottom crust to the top crust.
Add your filling. You will want a product that is firm not runny. That way you won’t have a drippy pie.
The next step is to add the top crust. Center it over the filling and bottom crust.
Then, crimp the sides with the tines of a fork. Be sure to be gentle with this, as I’ve found out the hard way that you can easily pierce the dough.
Now it’s time to butter the top crust and add sugar. The sugar helps to add a bit of crunch and more sweetness to the cooked crust.
Finally, it’s time to bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven . The pies will take approximately 20-25 minutes to brown. Remove the hand pies from the oven when golden.
Allow to cool for five minutes or so before serving. Enjoy!
For more quick and easy dessert recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Quick and Easy Jam Filled Hand Pies
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts (9 inch)
- 7 ounces Apricot Preserves
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Flour for flouring countertop
- Parchment paper optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the crust, roll out the refrigerated pie crusts on floured surface.
- Using a water glass, press into the dough to make equal number of both top and bottom hand pie crusts.
- Place bottom crusts on cookie sheet. (You can line cookie sheet with parchment paper if you’d like.)
- Brush melted butter on bottom crust, then add approximately 1 teaspoon of preserves in the center. Place top crust on top and press the dough around the sides. Crimp edges gently with a fork.
- Brush tops with melted butter and bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.