This Hunan Pork Tortilla Wraps recipe is loaded with roasted pork with Asian-inspired spices, healthy vegetables and hoisin sauce.
Hunan Pork Tortilla Wraps Recipe – Super Simple and Healthy Too!
My healthy version of Hunan Pork Tortilla Wraps recipe is loaded with plenty of veggies and the hoisin sauce gives it a smoky punch. Best of all it is gluten free and Paleo Diet friendly just by changing the type of wrap you use.
I love eating healthy whenever I can and with this recipe Hunan Pork Wraps, it’s a snap. The reason is because I use my standard Pork Carnitas recipe, which is low salt but high on flavor.
The only difficult part of this recipes is waiting for the pork shoulder to cook. So, I will tell you up front that it will take a couple of hours to break down the meat into its shredded goodness but it is definitely worth it.
But it’s definitely worth waiting for because the long roasting helps develop the deep rich flavors that enhance the taste of the roast.
Wrap It with an Asian Twist That’s Paleo and Gluten Free!
You’ll notice also that the Carnitas for this recipe includes a couple of “other” ingredients added to the mix like coriander, cumin, cilantro, minced garlic, and chopped ginger. You might also want to give your Carnitas a twist of lime for a more authentic Asian taste.
When it’s time to assemble your wrap add your favorite diced, chopped, or julienned Asian-inspired vegetables, along with a drizzle of Sun Luck Hoisin Sauce or Blue Dragon Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce (my two most favorite dipping sauces).
Now, onto the wraps…
How to Make Tortillas at Home
Have you ever wanted to make tortillas at home? This is my favorite recipe for making flour tortillas: Authentic Homemade Flour Tortilla Recipe with Lard.
And, if you’ve never made corn tortillas, be sure to check out this quick and easy recipe video from Pati Jinich.
Corn Tortillas – Pati Jinich (Video)
Regardless of which type of tortilla you use for your wrap, it’s a great way to go for healthy eating at its best. Best of all kids love these, too!
For more great ideas for your dining pleasure, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Dinner Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Hunan Pork Tortilla Wraps
- 4 cups shredded pork fully cooked **See Recipe Link in NOTES
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cups snow peas
- 1 cups green onions chopped
- 1 cups red peppers chopped, long slices
- 1 cups button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cups carrots julienne
- 1 cups broccoli slaw
- Hoisin Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- 8 count flour tortillas or corn tortillas, lettuce leaves or rice wraps
- Layer shredded pork, vegetables on a flour tortilla, lettuce or rice wrap.
- Drizzle on your favorite Hunan or Sweet Chili sauce. Fold closed. Eat. Enjoy!
- Follow the instructions for making Wisconsin Homemaker Smoky Pork Rub.
- Cook the pork according to the instructions for Cuban Pulled Pork Carnitas Recipe. Be sure to add 1 tsp of each: fresh grated ginger, fresh minced garlic, and soy sauce.