Discover how you can infuse creativity into everything you do with these simple ideas how to be creative in life and home.
10 Ideas How to Be Creative in Life and Home
Let me be frank. Everyone has moments when they feel their life is drab and boring.
But when it comes to you and your home–well, we can’t have that–can we?
The truth is, often all we need to get back on track is to be inspired with moments of creativity.
With a little inspiration and ideas, you too can learn how to be creative in every day life with little or no sweat equity on your part.
Interestingly, Corporate America introduced this idea of increasing creativity with a concept called 20 Percent Time.
Basically, what this means is that you set aside 20 percent of your time–out of a day, month, or year–to develop some idea or skill. You could call this “experiential Playdoh time.”
But if you step out of the corporate realm and into your life, home and/or garden–what does this mean for you? After all, there are more times than not in one’s daily life when all you see is the “same-old-same-old” things. Nothing changes. And, creativity seems at a minimum.
And, just setting aside 20 percent of your time for “creativity” might not get you to where you want to go.
Instead, what you really need is a purpose and a reason in order for creativity to increase.
The truth is, we don’t operate in a vacuum but are creative souls that need to use our skills and talents on a daily basis not only for ourself but for others, as well. The paradox is that when we use our creativity for the “greater good,” the more we feel fulfilled.
But creativity becomes dampened when we’re not inspired or when we’re taxed to the limit. Sound familiar?.
But no more.
It’s time to take charge of your creativity and challenge yourself to live a more fulfilled lifestyle, not only for you, your home and garden–but also for the benefit of your friends and family.
Thomas Edison said, “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.” So, what would you do or create if you scheduled out some time for creativity?
And, the answer to this dilemma is closer than you think.
Here are 10 ways for you to refuel and increase your creativity at home and beyond with these fun and inspiring activities and experiences:
1. Take a sewing, mechanics, foreign language, self-defense, interior design, cooking or craft class at your local community college.
2. Go on a day’s excursion with a local recreation club, church or community-sponsored program with your gal or guy friends.
4. Stop by a botanical garden and attend a talk by a Master Gardener. Learn ways to improve your own planting beds and how to be more eco-friendly.
5. Attend a quilting guild meeting or a quilt show. Study different ways to sew, appliqué, quilt and create original works of fabric art for your home and for yourself.
6. Sign up at your local hospital for classes on nutrition and massage, or learn about women’s (and men’s) health issues and discover ways to live a healthy lifestyle.
7. Take a lesson from your local green grocer at your local farmer’s market and discover ways to incorporate a variety of organic produce and products into your daily diet.
8. Attend a cooking or baking demonstration and learn how to cake decorate, create healthy snacks for your family, or make dishes from other parts of the world.
9. Find a carpentry workshop and discover the art of wood joining.
Inspired yet? Don’t forget to check out all the inspirational projects, recipes, tips and ideas found HERE on WisconsinHomemaker.com.