This quick and easy Homemade Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing recipe is made with mayonnaise, sour cream and fresh herbs and spices.
This has to be the best dip and Homemade Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing recipe I know of that is made with mayonnaise, sour cream and fresh herbs and spices. You won’t ever go back to store-bought again.
When it comes to salad dressings, you can’t go wrong with this Homemade Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing recipe. It takes just minutes to make but packs a punch with tangy goodness that’s perfect as a dip, dressing salads, topping potatoes, slathering on a wrap or even dolloping on grilled meat.
The secret to this recipe is using fresh herbs. As it is summer, I’ve got plenty of options to choose from.
But, the thing that works really well in this recipe is a combination of dill and parsley….
…and fresh chives. These perennial favorites give this ranch dressing layers of herby goodness. However, if you can’t find these fresh herbs either garden-wise or local grocery, then dried will do.
And, as mentioned, this quick and easy salad dressing comes together nicely with the help of a hand blender. You won’t believe how amazingly simple but rich and creamy it really is.
RELATED: Easy Classic Cobb Salad Recipe
How to Make This Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. Give it a try and see how many ways you can use it with your favorite recipes.
The ingredients to make this homemade Ranch Salad Dressing recipe are pretty simple: mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, fresh squeezed lemon juice and herbs and spices.
I like to make my dressing in a two-cup measuring cup or medium-size bowl.
Start by adding the garlic and onion powder, heavy whipping cream and lemon juice.
To this, add equal parts of sour cream and mayonnaise.
Then add the fresh herbs that have been rough chopped.
It should be thick in consistency but pourable. If you need it thinner, add just a teaspoon or so more of whipping cream and stir well.
This salad dressing can be used for all sorts of recipes. Use it immediately or refrigerate it in a covered container up to a week.
It’s definitely kid-friendly but don’t be surprised if the older crowd can’t help itself from digging in and dipping, too. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe be sure to sample some of my other blue-ribbon dressings and vinaigrettes:
Or for more delicious summer salad recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Homemade Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley leaves only and chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh chives chopped
- In a large (2-cup measuring cup or medium-size bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Using a hand blender, whisk the dressing until smooth. Note: You should still see bits and pieces of dill and chives, but the dressing should be free from lumps and look smooth.
- Use immediately or store in a refrigerator, covered, up to a week.
- If you need to thin the Ranch Dressing down, add a teaspoon of whipping cream or 1/2 teaspoon of water. Stir well.
- Serve with vegetables, bread chunks, baked pita wedges, as well as use it as a topping for baked potatoes, meats, wraps and of course, dressing salads. Enjoy!