Nothing says summer than homemade bubbles. Make a large container of this kid-friendly concoction using a few ingredients from your kitchen.
How to Make Homemade Bubbles
I’ve always wondered why more people don’t make their own homemade bubble solution at home. It’s so easy and way less expensive than the store-bought kind.
And the best homemade bubbles recipe I know of comes from the National Wildlife Foundation and is as follows:
1. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well.
2. Keep bubble solution in a sealed container.
3. It’s also best if you allow the mixture to set overnight because the longer it sits, the bigger the bubbles!
But don’t stop there! Making bubbles is half the fun.
How about trying different wands, playing games, or even coloring bubbles!
The possibilities are endless…
Here are some super ideas for bubble wands:
• Wire Coat Hanger
• Six-Pack Rings or Plastic Soda Holders
• String or Yarn
• Pipe Cleaners
• Plastic Cookie Cutters
• Cooking Spatulas with Holes
• Lids from Cottage Cheese Containers ( Cut design out of lid, like a star or cloud.)
• Straws (Just be sure not to slurp the bubble liquid.)
Here are a couple of ideas for playing with bubbles:
Bubble Pop Game. One player blows the bubbles and the other players have to try to pop all of the bubbles first.
Bubble Tag. One player blows the bubbles and another player is “It.” Each player must pop one bubble then run to a “safe” place before the “It” player catches them.
Don’t limit your artistic talent to paint. Try these super bubble art projects.
Rainbow Bubbles. Color your bubbles with food coloring. Just a drop or two will do it.
Bubble Picasso. Immortalize your bubbles by using food colored bubbles and then allowing them to burst on white paper for some crazy designs.
For more great DIY projects be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: DIY and Crafts Ideas from Wisconsin Homemaker.