Oven Baked Sheet Pan Tilapia with Zucchini is a healthy one pan dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
How to Make Sheet Pan Tilapia with Zucchini Recipe
When it comes to clean eating, this baked tilapia recipe, Sheet Pan Tilapia with Zucchini, takes little time to prepare and is easy on clean up, too.
This one pan oven baked tilapia is a healthy choice to make for your family’s dinner. When made with fresh cut fingerling zucchini and a dusting of minced mixed peppers and onions, you’ll have yourself one of the best sheet pan dinners that packs a nutritional punch.
The truth is, families are now looking for ways to eat healthier and cleaner for good reason!
We all want to limit fat and extra “add ons” that can pack on the calories.
That’s why I love this recipe. You can start with the basic ingredients outlined in the recipe below or add your own favorite veggies to the mix.
You’ll love this recipe because baking takes less than 30 minutes, which makes this the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
And, when you are rushed because you got home late or having to attend evening activities, you don’t want to muss or fuss with meal preparation.
It’s just a matter of slicing a couple of vegetables, laying out the ingredients out on a sheet pan and popping it in the oven to bake. Truly, it really doesn’t get easier than this.
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay out your tilapia fillets out on a baking sheet, along with your sliced zucchini strips (meaning: zucchini cut in length-wise strips).
Next, add diced peppers and green onions (red onions are also delish) over the top of the fillets.
Drizzle on extra virgin olive oil (salt and pepper, if you’d like) and bake for approximately 20 minutes or so, or until the tilapia is fork-flake tender.
Remove it from the oven and serve hot.
I like to serve mine with Jasmine rice, but you can serve it alongside your favorite carb. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Tilapia with Zucchini
- 6 tilapia fillets approximately 4 oz each
- 6 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise into wedges
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 1 cup red onion diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease sheet pan with either olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Place the tilapia fillets on one side of the sheet pan.
- Lay the zucchini wedges on the other side of the sheet pan, lengthwise.
- Spoon the bell peppers and red onions over the tilapia fillets.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over zucchini and tilapia.
- Lightly salt and pepper all ingredients.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and distribute cooked fish fillets and zucchini between plates.
- Best if served with Jasmine rice. Enjoy!