When you want to eat light, give this recipe a try: Healthy Hard Boiled Egg Salad Sandwich. It’s low carb, low calorie and ready in 5 minutes or less.
Healthy Hard Boiled Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
If you love the idea of eating light, especially for lunch or even for snacking, then this recipe for Healthy Hard Boiled Egg Salad Sandwich is just for you.
Made with Greek yogurt (in place of mayo or salad dressing), this lean, mean hard boiled egg salad sandwich when coupled with low carb bread is not only a healthy meal option, but also loaded with protein and hunger-satisfying power.
My inspiration for this hard boiled egg sandwich recipe came from my old standby: Best Egg Salad Recipe.
While this recipe is made with mayonnaise or Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, I decided that I’d vary the binder with Greek yogurt instead which offers a bit of tang and flavor but without all of the calories.
Besides, Greek yogurt is thicker than the standard plain yogurt, so you’ll need to take this into consideration when making this recipe for yourself.
Cooking Tip: Don’t forget to use an egg slicer. This handy tool makes it so easy to slice and dice your hard boiled eggs quickly and easily.
And, to take the carbs down a notch (or two), I recommend low carb Angelic Bakehouse Bread. It’s super tasty plain or toasted and with just one slice, you’ll notice that it definitely can stand up to the full carb version with no problem.
And, of course, less is best. But not when it comes to using a good dijon mustard, a bit of fresh dill, and finely chopped radish and shallots.
RELATED: Oven Baked Hard Boiled Eggs
Together these ingredients make a very healthy egg salad sandwich that you’ll find no guilt in eating, again and again. Enjoy!
Healthy Hard Boiled Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 eggs hard boiled, sliced and diced (See Recipe in Notes Below)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dill fresh, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp radish chopped finely
- 2 tbsp shallots chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 slice low carb bread plain or toasted
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using hard boiled eggs prepared according to my Oven Baked Hard Boiled Eggs recipe (See Recipe Below in Notes), slice and dice each egg and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add chopped dill, radishes, shallots and Greek yogurt to the diced eggs. Mix well.
- Place approximately 1/2 cup of egg salad on 1 slice of either plain or toasted low carb bread. Garnish with fresh dill frond. Enjoy!