My Ham Mushroom and Cheese Quiche is perfect for any time of the day but I love serving it as a main dish for brunch.
Easy Ham Mushroom and Cheese Quiche
This morning I was standing facing the fridge trying to figure out what breakfast recipe my family hadn’t eaten in a while.
While I love making frittatas, as you probably have guessed, I wanted to make something I hadn’t in a while. So after perusing what I had in stock, I was happily surprised to find that I had what it took to make a quiche.
I grabbed a frozen pie crust. (I love Pillsbury’s Refrigerated Pie Crusts.) And, set it out to thaw on the counter. Then it was just a matter of assembling the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
In no time at all, the oven was preheated, the pie crust was gently laid into my 9 inch Pyrex glass pie plate, and the egg mixture was poured in. The only difficulty was waiting for it to be baked–40 minutes or so–to be exact.
But it was definitely worth the wait.
My family gobbled the quiche up and all that was left was only a few crust pieces!
For more deliciously easy breakfast main dishes, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Breakfast Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Ham, Mushroom and Cheese Quiche
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust 9 inch
- 5 eggs large
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup ham chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup El Rey Queso Quesadilla Rallado or Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sargento Artisan Blends - Authentic Mexican Cheese
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
In a bowl add all of the ingredients listed above in the order that they're listed. Mix well.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- Stab the crust base a couple of times with a fork.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake in oven for approximately 40 minutes or until a knife comes out almost completely clean.
Remove from oven when quiche has completed baking.
Let rest for five minutes. Slice and serve. Enjoy!