This no-fuss Ham Mushroom and Cheese Quiche recipe uses a refrigerator pie crust and is perfect for breakfast, brunch and brinner (dinner).
How to Make Ham Mushroom and Cheese Quiche Recipe
If you’re standing facing the fridge trying to figure out what to make for breakfast then you might want to give this recipe for Ham Mushroom and Cheese Quiche a try.
It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or brinner (dinner). It’s easy to assemble and oh so delicious served hot out of the oven or warmed the next day.
This recipe is similar to making frittatas. It doesn’t take many ingredients and what you have in the fridge probably will suffice.
If you aren’t keen on making homemade crusts, you can use my favorite go-to Pillsbury’s Refrigerated Pie Crusts.
For one quiche you will need approximately 1/2 cup of chopped ham and a cup of mushrooms, plenty of shredded cheese, and five eggs.
In a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs well then add the rest of the ingredients.
For this recipe, I used a 9 inch Pyrex glass pie plate, You will want to carefully roll out your pie dough to this size and lay it in the pie plate, pressing the pie crust down into the base. You can crimp the top using your fingers or use a fork to make a pretty finish.
Finally, add the egg mixture and place in a preheated 375 degree F oven. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or so.
As mentioned above, you can serve this quiche hot out of the oven or serve it up warmed the next day.
It’s one of those meals that you can even prep ahead on a Sunday and serve to your family later in the week, for easy weeknight dining. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe , then you’ll definitely want to give these Wisconsin Homemaker family favorites a try:
- Pan Fried Breakfast Potatoes with Dill
- Amish Pancakes
- Cheesy Ham, Egg and Potato Casserole
- Easy Poached Eggs in Ramekins
- Chorizo Huevos Rancheros
Ham, Mushroom and Cheese Quiche
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust 9 inch
- 5 eggs large
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup ham chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup El Rey Queso Quesadilla Rallado or Shredded Mexican Cheese*
- 1/2 cup Sargento Artisan Blends – Authentic Mexican Cheese*
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- In a bowl add all of the ingredients listed above in the order that they’re listed. Mix well.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- Stab the crust base a couple of times with a fork.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake in oven for approximately 40 minutes or until a knife comes out almost completely clean.
- Remove from oven when quiche has completed baking.
- Let rest for five minutes. Slice and serve. Enjoy!