This GaGa Key Lime Margarita recipe is loaded with South-of-the-Border flavor and skinny in terms of calories, which makes it the perfect refreshing drink any time of the year.
Cool and Refreshing – GaGa Key Lime Margarita Recipe
When I think of parties, this GaGa Key Lime Margarita recipe is the first to come to mind. But it’s not just any kind of margarita.
Mine uses a secret ingredient: lime sherbet.
I happened upon this wild concoction, simply by dreaming up what I loved most about margaritas. So, it was a no-brainer to consider lime sherbet as the secret ingredient. It offers a sweet-tart flavor that is enhanced with the addition of tequila.
RELATED: Spa Mojito Recipe
And, a perfect match when entertaining on hot summer days–or any day–for that matter.
For this recipe, I used low-cal Walmart’s Brand – Fat Free Lime Sherbet which only has 110 calories per 1/2 cup serving) which is a plus, especially for a summer libation. But you can use any brand of lime sherbet, if you like.
Blend it well and serve it in a margarita glass rimmed with sugar or salt (or sans-if you prefer), with or with ice cubes, along with a twist of lime wedge. It’s gaga good!
Drink Tip: If you love this recipe, give one of the other sherbet flavors a try like orange, chocolate, coconut, lemon, raspberry, and rainbow.
Add a New Drink to Your Arsenal – Goo-Goo GaGa
This refreshing Goo-Goo GaGa recipe uses Lemon Sherbet along with Grey Goose Vodka to create an ice cream drink that is made in the same way as this margarita but which can also be served on the rocks, if you desire. Nostrovia!
Recommended Products for Serving Up the Finest Key Lime Margarita
Check out these recommended products for this recipe:
1. Libbey Margarita Glasses. No, it’s not your imagination. These are crazy glasses, but hey, why not go gaga when you make this delicious margarita.
2. Margarita Glass Rimmer. Make it sugar, make it salt, but make it easy with this rimmer.
For more refreshing cocktail drinks, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Drink and Cocktail Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
GaGa Key Lime Margarita
- 1 pint Lime Sherbet
- 2 key limes one lime juiced the other lime sliced thinly
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar place in bowl
To Make Margarita:
- Remove cover and place frozen sherbet container in microwave on high for 30 seconds to slightly thaw.
- Scoop all contents of sherbet into blender.
- Add tequila and the juice of one lime.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Take one slice of lime and rub it around the rims of 4 margarita, highball or wine glasses. Dip the rims into the granulated sugar to coat completely (optional).
- To create blended margaritas, add ice and pulse blender until ice is broken up into fine chunks or completely blended (your preference). Garnish with a lime slice on the glass rim. Serve immediately.
On the Rocks Margaritas
- If you’d rather have your margaritas on the rocks, add ice cubes directly to your glasses and divide margarita evenly between the 4 margarita glasses. Garnish with a lime slice on the glass rim. Serve immediately.