This Fresh Lemon Martini cocktail recipe is made with fresh squeeze lemons, lemonade, vodka that tastes delightfully sweet-tart.
Need Your Drink Smooth and Easy Try Fresh Lemon Martini
This Fresh Lemon Martini recipe is what you’d expect: super smooth with just the right amount of puckery-sourness one thinks of in a lemony cocktail.
I do love the idea of sweet and sour. So when it came to coming up with this recipe, I decided that I would think outside the box and try a new combination for my martini recipe.
After many trials and errors, I finally came up with the “perfect” lemon martini that’s both fresh tasting and got that little pucker punch that I love.
It’s also incredibly smooth that doesn’t separate like some other martinis. My secret ingredient to achieve this is lemonade.
Lemonade, you might ask? My answer is, “Yes!” For some reason lemonade mixes perfectly with the vodka and the other ingredients, plus adds a bold flavor.
But, if you were to ask me what gives this drink its “wow!” factor, I would have to say the fresh lemons. And, no, I didn’t leave that touch of freshness out, because without fresh lemons, it just wouldn’t be a lemon martini.
RELATED: Bartenders Black Book
Meyer lemons (a cross between a lemon and mandarine orange) are awesome, if you can find them. But if they’re not available, use the regular lemons sold year round in your local supermarket.
Martini Tip: Try my Fresh Lemon Martini with a twist–Limequats. They’re a cross between a kumquat and a lime.
Straight Up, On the Rocks or Shaken Not Stirred – Fresh Lemon Martini
It really doesn’t matter whether you serve the Fresh Lemon Martini straight up (without ice) or on the rocks (with ice). Either way it will be delicious and basically a matter of preference. Try it both ways and see which one is right for you!
One final word of caution: this Fresh Lemon Martini is a crowd-pleaser expect that your guests will come back for seconds. So be sure to have plenty of lemons (and vodka) on hand.
For more refreshing cocktail recipes, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Drink and Cocktail Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker, as well as these family favorites:
- Midwest Rhubarb Margarita
- Frozen Watermelon Margarita
- GaGa Key Lime Margarita
- Green Apple Sangria
- Spa Mojito
Fresh Lemon Martini
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces lemonade (I prefer Neuman’s Own Old Fashioned Roadside Virgin Lemonade)
- 2 tbsp super fine sugar
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 2 lemon slices to add to martini glass rim
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar to coat rim of martini glass
- Using a martini shaker, combine vodka, sugar, lemon juice and lemonade, plus a generous handful of ice.
- Shake vigorously. Let sit for a moment.
- Gently rub rim of two martini glasses each with a lemon slice. On a small flat plate place sugar. Twist rim of each martini glass in the sugar.
- Strain shaker contents, allowing martini to flow into the prepared martini glasses.
- Garnish each martini with a lemon slice. Enjoy