This easy Spicy White Chicken Chili uses a rotisserie chicken, one pot and a food processor to make a hearty dinner in under 30 minutes.
How to Make Easy Spicy White Chicken Chili
When you want a quick recipe, look no further than this easy Spicy White Chicken Chili that uses a rotisserie chicken, one pot and a food processor to make a hearty dinner in under 30 minutes.
Not so long ago on a very chilly Sunday afternoon, I decided that it was high time, I made a batch of my quick and easy Rotisserie Chicken White Bean Chili.
I have to admit there’s something comforting about a house being warmed by a hot pot of chili, and this recipe is no different.
But what I love more is how the delicious aroma wafts throughout the house, drawing in my family to the kitchen to check out what I’m cooking up for them for dinner.
It’s a definite sign that all is good with the world and for me, this Chicken Chili couldn’t be easier.
There’s just a few easy steps to make this from scratch recipe. As in most of my cooking, I let my food processor do the hard work. I simply toss the rough cut ingredients into the bowl and pulse away.
RELATED: Chicken and Dumplings
Even the rotisserie cooked chicken that I grabbed from the freezer, microwaved for five minutes to warm a bit, was put to task by the processor in just five pulses. Now that’s quick shredding at its best!
Cooking Tip: Use chicken stock versus chicken broth. The stock gives this chili recipe a richer, chickeny taste (if “chickeny” is really a word).
This recipe makes a lot of chili–enough for at least 12 servings–perfect for a crowd or potluck dinner. It’s easy to freeze the leftovers for another time.
One thing to note is that if you make this recipe according to the instructions and ingredient amounts you’ll need to use either a Dutch oven or a large stock pot.
Even so, this recipe never fails to my family happy. They always come back for seconds, so I’m only left with just enough for tomorrow’s supper. Enjoy!
Easy Spicy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 cups bell peppers seeded, quartered
- 1 cup large onion quartered
- 1 1/2 cups carrots chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes quartered
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 serano pepper top and seeds removed
- 1 poblano pepper top and seeds removed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounce canned kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 15 ounce garbanzo beans drained, rinsed
- 15 ounce cannellini beans drained, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp chili con carne seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shred chicken by hand or with a food processor. Place in large stock pot.
- Use food processor or knife to chop finely the carrots, celery, onion, and bell peppers. Place in stockpot with chicken.
- Mince garlic. Then chop finely poblano and serano pepper, and cilantro. Add all this to stock pot.
- Quarter whole tomatoes and either chop or food process, finely chopped. Place in stock pot with rest of ingredients.
- Next, drain and rinse garbanzo, kidney, and cannellini beans. Add to stock pot. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Finally, pour in chicken stock. You can also add all spices at this time. Stir well.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until chili is cooked through. Serve and Enjoy!