This easy Margherita Pizza recipe has everything going for it: a crispy crust, fresh tomatoes and lots of cheese. Fresh pizza in less than 20 minutes. Delicioso!
How to Make a Really Delicious and Easy Margherita Pizza
I would have to say my favorite pizza is my Easy Margherita Pizza. After traveling to Rome and tasting Italy’s version, I know I’m now closer to eating the real deal. Plus, it doesn’t come from a box! And, you too can make it at home in under 20 minutes.
One of my favorite go-to foods is pizza. Sure you can buy it pre-made or even have it delivered. But nothing says true Italian pizza than making it yourself at home.
RELATED: Easy Pita Pizzas
The rest of the pizza recipe follows like this:
Top with your favorite tomatoes. (I like to blot them a bit to get rid of most of the juice.)
Top it with or without sauce, add cheese (or not) and bake. (I like my pizza extra cheesy.)
After about 10 to 12 minutes check the pizza. Make sure the the cheese is bubbly and golden brown before removing it from the oven.
After letting it cool a bit, it’s just a matter of slicing it.
Then you are ready to eat it. You can fold your pizza or eat it open-faced. Either way, it is delicious!
For more delicious pizza recipes, check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Easy Margherita Pizza
- 1/4 ounce Quick Rise dry yeast (Red Star Yeast, preferred)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp corn meal
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes sliced thinly
- 16 ounces mozzarella shredded use only what you need
- 4 leaves fresh basil julienne
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
For the Pizza Dough:
Follow the complete instructions to make pizza dough. Link in RECIPE NOTES.
Roll out the pizza dough, pushing/pressing out with your hands on a cookie sheet that's greased lightly with olive oil and lightly covered in corn meal.
For the Topping:
- Lightly coat the top of the pizza crust with olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Lay out your tomato slices evenly in rows.
Sprinkle half of the basil leaves across the tomatoes.
- Cover pizza with mozzarella cheese as thickly, or thinly as you like it.
- Cook the pizza for about 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted (golden brown).
Take out of oven and let cool for five minutes. Sprinkle rest of basil leaves on top of pizza.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Quick Pizza Dough: http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ji0ng3wo/quick-pizza-dough.html