This finger food and game day favorite, Easy Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, is the perfect last-minute appetizer, kid-friendly snack or meal.
Easy Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
I’m all for finger foods and this game day favorite, Easy Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, is a winner.
What I love about this recipe is that you can make it not only for game day, but also as a kid-friendly snack. I’ve even served it as a main dish with a side salad.
It’s one of those foods that you’ll want to make again and again.
And it’s so easy to make. It’s basically a one-bowl recipe that whips up in a few minutes.
To make filling the muffin tins easier, I use an ice cream scoop to distribute the dough evenly into a mini muffin pan. Now, if you don’t have one, you can also use a regular size muffin pan, but you’ll need to allow extra time for baking.
Also, fair warning, these puffs bake quickly, so watch them carefully and remove them as soon as they are cooked through–think: golden brown.
Recipe Tip: Pepperoni Pizza Puffs are great for picnics, the perfect snack for hikers, and as a holiday appetizer. Come to think of it, they’re wonderful anytime!
I like serving these with my family favorite, Rao’s Marinara, but you can use whatever sauce you like–or forego it. They’re that good!
For more delicious finger food recipes and ideas, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Finger Foods and Appetizers Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Sargent’s Italian Cheese Blend shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs large, beaten
- 2 cups Sargent’s Mexican Blend Cheese shredded
- 5 ounces mini pepperoni rounds
- non-stick spray
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together (except the marinara sauce), starting with the flour.
- Spray the mini muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Distribute the batter using a small ice cream scoop. Add more if needed. The batter should fill about 3/4’s of the way up in each compartment.
- Put in oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Watch the puffs carefully so they don’t overcook.
- When done, remove from oven and immediately remove from muffin tins. (I like to put them in a cloth-lined bowl.)
- Serve with warmed (not hot) marinara sauce. Enjoy!