This Double Chocolate Quick Bread recipe is so simple and easy to make, along with being super moist thanks to a hint of sour cream.
Rich and Decadent – Double Chocolate Quick Bread Recipe
Stand back store-bought loafs because this Double Chocolate Quick Bread Recipe tops them all.
It has all of the foundations of a great quick bread. First, it’s quick to make and uses simple ingredients. Second, it is very moist, which allows the hints of Dutch cocoa to shine.
RELATED: Flourless Chocolate Mint Cake
Why all the fuss about a quick bread? Perhaps it is because I love chocolate and cake and the two combined–well–it’s a chocoholic’s delight.
This recipe is basically a one-bowl, dump quick bread, which means very little cleaning on your part.
That’s pretty great, considering that if you need to whip up something to take to a book club, a potluck or even a bake sale, you can easily do this.
And, did I tell you that this loaf is great for freezing? It is.
Now there are a couple of “secret ingredients” that add to the layers of flavors of this Chocolate Quick Bread: Chambord and Godiva Chocolate liqueur.
That being said, if you don’t have or don’t want to include these ingredients you can easily substitute it with a tablespoon of a good chocolate syrup.
I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
For more deliciously decadent chocolate desserts, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: Dessert Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Double Chocolate Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Belgium Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Godiva chocolate liqueur optional
- 1 tsp Framboise or Chambord optional
- Pecan Pieces optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large bowl add the ingredients in the order they are listed. Mix well.
- Place batter into a greased and floured 9×5 loaf pan. (Optional: Top with pecan pieces.)
- Bake on center rack for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then invert on a rack and cool for about 60 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!