When it comes to home decor, don’t overlook your vacation finds with this super DIY Seashell Candelabra Project.
Don’t Store It – Make It – DIY Seashell Candelabra Project
Have you ever traveled to the beach and brought back a hoard of seashells only to scratch your head wondering what to do with them?
You could, of course, store them for prosperity, but why?
That was my dilemma, as I’m sitting with a treasure trove of different sized seashells and star fish. But I found my answer from a most familiar source–my own family.
While visiting family down south, I was treated to a number of savvy recycled-upcycled crafts. I’ll share them in future posts, but the one I want to share with your now is so delightfully simple and looks so beachy chic: Seashell Candelabra.
RELATED: DIY Rake Wine Rack
The supplies and instructions for this DIY project are relatively simple and are found BELOW.
Here are some artful suggestions:
• Use a variety of different sized candlesticks
• Vary the size of shells
• You don’t have to use only crystal or glass candlesticks. Try metal and wood, too!
• If you are unable to wait for the shell/candlestick to set up, prop it carefully against something that will keep it securely upright.
Seashell Candelabra Project
What You Will Need
1. Make sure that the candlestick and shells are thoroughly cleaned.
2. Apply glue per package instructions. Be sure to wipe off any excess glue, if necessary.
3. While waiting for the glue to set, hold the shell upright.
4. Add chips of shells or glitter to the base while glue is still wet.
5. Allow the piece to completely dry, approximately 24 hours.
Photo Gallery of Completed Seashell Art Pieces
Be inspired with these treasures collected from the sea with this gallery of seashell candle sticks and candelabras.
If you liked this craft be sure to check out my Pinterest Board: DIY and Crafts Ideas from Wisconsin Homemaker.