Cinnamon Brioche French Toast Sticks are a quick and easy meal for breakfast that’s super kid-friendly too.
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Brioche French Toast Sticks
When you want rich dreamy toasted buns for hamburgers, you’ve gotta try brioche buns. But did you know that brioche is also delicious for breakfast as Cinnamon French Toast Sticks? It is!
French brioche adds a bit of buttery goodness no matter if you eat it as bread or buns. But when matched with eggs, well, you’ve got something very, very special.
That’s where my inspiration for Cinnamon Brioche French Toast Sticks came into being. I took my tried and true recipe for basic French Toast and married it with rich and decadent brioche bread that I had as leftovers.
Cinnamon French Toast Sticks are too good to waste. Got extra? Make up a batch or two, and freeze them for later.
It all starts with fresh or day-old, stale bread. Cut these into thick slices.
Next, in a bowl, crack a couple of eggs, add a bit of cream (makes the eggs stick better), some milk, a hint of sugar, and of course, cinnamon. Mix well.
To make the process go quick and easy, I like to set up an assembly line of bread, egg mixture and fry pan.
Frying is simple: Add a little bit of butter to the pan, then let the brioche toast, approximately three to five minutes the first side and about two to three minutes, the other–until golden brown.
The secret to working with brioche is to only prep enough French Toast Sticks to fry in the pan at one time. If you let the brioche soak in the egg mixture too long, the brioche will break down and you’ll be left with a soggy mess.
RELATED: Mini Bacon Egg and Cheese Frittatas
As soon as they are made, plate them and make the next batch. Once the fry pan is hot, the process goes quickly. Add more butter to the fry pan, as necessary.
Because these Cinnamon Brioche French Toast Sticks are great as finger food, I like to offer some pure maple syrup in a separate ramekin or small glass for dipping. Enjoy!
For more delicious breakfast recipes and inspiration, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Cinnamon Brioche French Toast Sticks
- 11 slices brioche bread cut into thirds
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter more, if needed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Cut bread into thirds and set aside.
- In a bowl, crack 3 eggs, add sugar, cinnamon, cream, and milk. Whisk well. Set aside.
- In a large frypan, add 1 tbsp of butter (more if needed). Melt.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and coat well. Place each in the frypan. Note: only make enough bread for each batch.
- Allow the French toast sticks to brown on one side, approximately 3-5 minutes one side and about the same on the other.
- As each batch is finished, place cooked French toast sticks on a plate.
- Serve hot and with pure maple syrup for dipping. Enjoy!