A delicious start to the day, Chorizo Huevos Rancheros with Potatoes recipe, is made with ground chorizo, cubed potatoes, refried beans baked on a flour tortilla.
Easy Chorizo Huevos Rancheros with Potatoes
Breakfast is a great way to start your day, especially with this hearty but flavorful Chorizo Huevos Rancheros recipe that’s made with potatoes.
It’s a quick and easy recipe that can be called upon for brunches or even a late dinner, too.
This dish is made with fresh chorizo, cubed potatoes, cheese and eggs, all on flour tortilla, it can’t be beat to impress even the most finicky of diners.
What I love about this recipe is that you control the individual portions. Which means that you can easily feed as little as two persons or a hungry crowd, just by doubling (or tripling) this recipe.
You’ll love the ease with which you’ll be able to assemble the Huevos Rancheros. Everything is layered upon a tortilla, which makes serving a breeze.
Start with chorizo. You can use bulk chorizo (see below) or use sausage links, that you have removed the casings.
To this, fry with cubed potatoes and canned green chilis.
As the potatoes cook, they become extremely flavorful and softened. The green chilis add lots of flavor.
Once cooked, it’s time to start layering the Huevos Rancheros.
First, prepare your baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place each tortilla in a single layer on the bottom the baking dish.
Mound the potato mixture on each tortilla.
And, top each with grated cheese.
Make an indentation in the center of each mound.
Next, crack an egg and place this in the indentation.
Bake the Chorizo Huevos Rancheros in a preheated 425 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until opaque.
Remove from the oven and garnish with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
For more delicious egg recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Chorizo Huevos Rancheros with Potatoes
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 1 package Simply potato cubes 20 oz package or 2.5 cups cubed yellow potatoes.
- 2 cans green chilis
- 8 small street taco flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 cups Mexican cheese mix
- 8 large eggs
- pico de gallo
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo along with Simply Potato Cubes and green chilis until done. Set aside.
- Pre-grease a couple of baking sheets or low-sided large baking dishes with nonstick spray.
- Next, spread 2 tablespoons of refried beans on one side of each flour tortilla.
- Place these, bean side up, in a single layer on sheet pan or baking dish.
- Spoon chorizo-potato mixture into a mound on top of each tortilla. Divide evenly.
- Sprinkle on the Mexican cheese over each mound.
- Then, with a teaspoon, make a well in the center of each mound. Crack an egg and allow it to fill this “well” for each of the mounds.
- Carefully, place the sheet pan into the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the egg becomes slight opaque.
- Remove from the oven and serve, using a large spatula and place the Chorizo Huevos on a plate.
- Garnish with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!