This gluten free Chocolate Mint Flourless Cake recipe is a delicious dessert that tastes like a cross between a Thin Mint and a Peppermint Paddy.
How to Make Chocolate Mint Flourless Cake Recipe
When you are looking for a chocolate dessert recipe that is gluten free, look no further than this recipe for Chocolate Mint Flourless Cake recipe.
If you are like me and have checked out a lot of flourless cake recipes, you might have found that many were too complex or had too many steps.
Not so with this recipe.
This one is so rich and creamy and yummy–with a special, secret ingredient, you wouldn’t expect that makes this cake taste like a Thin Mint or a Peppermint Paddy.
The secret ingredient is Creme de Menthe. And, yes, you can use peppermint extract in a pinch, but I’d recommend going with the real deal.
For this recipe you will use the “clear” version of Creme de Menthe, not the “green” colored one.
Truly, the taste is remarkably like you’d expect of your favorite cookie/candy.
Don’t like mint? Substitute Creme de Menthe with pure vanilla extract. It’s equally delicious and turns out just as wonderfully delicious as you might expect!
And, it gets even better the next day (if there’s any left) when you eat it cold out of the fridge.
As I mentioned above, this cake is super rich, so a little goes a long way. And, the reason is because this recipe uses real Belgium cocoa. It does cost a bit more, but this ingredients offers a depth of flavor not found with other powdered cocoa products. Plus, it also bakes up beautifully.
And, because it’s so rich, you find that you can easily slice and serve six healthy portions with this cake. Enjoy!
Cooking Tip: When you flour your springform pan, be sure to use cocoa powder instead.
For more deliciously decadent chocolate recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker Recipe Section, as well as these family favorites:
- Double Chocolate Quick Bread
- No Bake Whipped Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Butterscotch Heath Chocolate Cake Mix
- No-Churn Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- Doctored Death By Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Best Hot Chocolate Bar Ideas
- How to Make Homemade Chocolate Gift Mix
- Spanish Hot Chocolate Caliente Recipe
Chocolate Mint Flourless Cake
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Belgium cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon for “flouring” spring form pan
- 1 teaspoon Creme de Menthe or peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line am 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Spray the inside of the springform pan, along with the parchment paper with non-stick spray. Then “flour” the bottom and sides with 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Be sure to tap out any excess cocoa powder.
- Next, in a large glass bowl, add all of the ingredients, except the eggs.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Remove.
- Stir all of the ingredients together well. If chocolate needs to melt a bit more, heat for 5 more seconds.
- Let batter cool for 2 minutes, stir well again.
- Using a spatula or spoon carefully fold the beaten eggs into the batter, one at a time.
- Once the eggs are completely incorporated into the batter, spoon it into springform pan and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake flourless cake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a hint of batter.
- Place springform pan on a cooling rack. Take a knife and carefully run it around the outside of the cake.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Release pan and remove the side piece along with the base. You might need a large cake spatula to get under the parchment paper. Note: Remember cake will be still very hot.
- Allow the cake to completely cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.