Wake up to this rich and Cheesy Farmhouse Hash Brown Casserole recipe that will definitely satisfy your hungry crowd in the morning.
A Beloved Family Favorite – Cheesy Farmhouse Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Weekends are a time to kick back and relax. Even so, I love to indulge my family with a few culinary favorites that I enjoy making for them.
Take this family favorite recipe: Cheesy Farmhouse Hash Brown Casserole. It’s the perfect side dish to go with country fried eggs and crisp smoked bacon.
I also like to serve it up with homemade bread that’s been toasted and topped with a dollop of farm-fresh butter.
The reason why I love to make this dish is because it reminds me of my father who grew up in a farming family.
From what he told me, times weren’t easy as a dairy farmer and the work was hard. Folks had to get up before the sun rose to milk the cows and before they could settle in to breakfast. And, after breakfast, there was more work to be done.
RELATED: Cheesy Ham Frittata
So, the first meal of the day had to be substantial enough to fill hungry tummies and keep everyone satisfied until lunch.
Well, take this same idea to the present day and it’s no different. Even my own family is on the go early in the morning–even on weekends–so keeping them fueled for the day ahead is essential.
Farmhouse Hash Browns is easy to assemble and bakes up nice and hot. And, it’s amazing with fried eggs and bacon–just saying.
But because I too am up and about on the weekends, I want to make my time in the kitchen as minimal as possible.
Once you choose your potato then it becomes basically a one-bowl affair, where you’ll mix all of the ingredients together, place it in a oven-proof casserole dish that’s been sprayed with a non-stick spray, and finally bake for about 40-45 minutes.
It’s quick and easy and oh so delish!
And, if you want to gild the lily, so to speak, top the casserole with chopped green scallions and even a few bits of crisp bacon. Enjoy!
For more delicious potato dishes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Cheesy Farmhouse Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups shredded potatoes or Simply Potatoes-Shredded Hash Browns (20 oz bag)
- 1 cup onions chopped finely
- 4 oz sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups Italian Cheese mix shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions scallions, chopped (optional)
- 3 slices bacon fried and chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a bowl, mix all of the rest of the ingredients, including the melted butter.
- Spray a medium-size oven-proof casserole dish with non-stick spray (Pam).
- Place the mixture into the casserole dish and smooth out.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!