This delightful Caramel Apple Cheese Ball recipe is a quick and easy dessert recipe that’s perfect as a snack or for any party.
Ooey Gooey Caramel Apple Cheese Ball Recipe
Okay, I admit it, I had a craving for caramel apples–it is fall after all! And, so I thought to myself what could I make for the upcoming holiday season that would be indicative of this kid (and adult) friendly dessert?
What came to mind was this easy-peasy Caramel Apple Cheese Ball Recipe.
It tastes just like the real deal, because it includes the very key ingredients that’s indicative of a real caramel apple: apples, caramel and nuts (my favorite: pecans).
RELATED: Best Apples for Cooking and Eating
And, what to serve with this cheese ball? Try apple wedges or baked cinnamon pita chips.
Have I whet your appetite yet? If so, keep reading for the low-down on this sweet one-of-a-kind recipe.
RELATED: Pina Colada Cheese Ball Recipe
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheese Ball Recipe
Start with two Macintosh apples that have been peeled and grated right up to the core. (Hint: Be sure to squeeze the apples to remove any juice.)
The only difficult part of this recipe is waiting for the Apple Cheese Ball to firm up in the fridge.
Scoop the apple-cheese mixture onto some parchment paper and form into a ball. Press in pecan bits or chopped walnuts, if you prefer.
RELATED: Holiday Cheese Ball Recipes
Add a small cinnamon stick on top and drizzle with either homemade or store bought caramel sauce. Let it coat the cheese ball, like you would a real caramel apple.
Feel free to “gild the lily” by drizzling THE trio of decadence: Chocolate, Caramel, and White Chocolate Sauce over your apple cheese ball. You know you want to!
The cheese ball at this point is soft and easy to dip with apple wedges or ginger snaps, or even cinnamon baked pita chips. Yum!
Eat it right away as is. But if not, chill your Caramel Apple Cheese Ball chill in the fridge until ready to eat.
You won’t be able to dip just once.
See, I told you it is sooo delicious! Enjoy!
For more delicious apple and fruit desserts, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Caramel Apple Cheese Ball
- 16 oz cream cheese regular
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese (Sargento Wisconsin White Cheddar, recommended; or use Gruyere, or Vermont White Cheddar)
- 1/2 cup grated Macintosh apples (approximately 2 apples), squeeze well to remove most of the juice
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice Liqueur (Travis Hasse’s Brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped finely
- 1 cup caramel sauce slightly warmed
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Whip soften cream cheese in a mixer.
- Add cheddar cheese, grated apples (make sure that you have squeezed the apples to remove any juice), apple liqueur, and spices. Mix well.
- Lay out plastic wrap, crosswise, in a bowl and spoon the cheese mixture in it.
- Mold it into a ball. Pull up the sides and secure with a tie.
- Chill overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and peel back the plastic wrap.
- Place the cheese ball onto a serving platter and press in the pecan pieces.
- Stick the cinnamon stick at the top of the cheese ball, tipping it slightly to the side.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the cheese ball.
- Serve immediately with apple slices, gingersnaps, or crackers. Enjoy!