This no-bake recipe for Campbell’s Chicken Tetrazzini is made with cooked pasta, chicken cubes in a creamy cheese and mushroom sauce.
Whether you have leftover or rotisserie cooked turkey or chicken, this Campbell’s Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe is a great choice when you’re running late or need a meal fast.
I love the idea of quick and easy dining. Who doesn’t? After all, if your family is like mine, who has the time to mess around with cooking or washing a lot of dishes? I’d rather spend it with my family, watching a classic movie or reading a spell-binding novel.
With no fuss or muss, this hearty dish is exactly what your family desires: delicious chicken in a creamy cheese and mushroom sauce that’s ready in 15 minutes or less.
It’s also one of those recipes that you can make a large pot of and take for potluck events or freeze for eating later.
For ease of cooking, this Campbell’s Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe can’t be beat. It is basically a dump recipe. It starts with a roux, then you “dump” the rest of the ingredients into the pot and cook until heated through.
And, there’s plenty of leftovers too, as this recipe makes enough for eight servings.
This recipe for Campbell’s Chicken Tetrazzini can be made with leftover cooked chicken or turkey. Perfect for using Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers—just saying.
How to Make Campbell’s Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
This recipe takes minimal ingredients as pictured below: cooked chicken (think rotisserie if you really are pressed for time), mushrooms, chopped onions, one can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup, milk, butter, flour, French’s Crispy Fried Onions and finely grated cheese.
Begin by cooking one pound of dried pasta according to package instructions. For this recipe, I like to use penne pasta. Once cooked reserve one cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta but do not rinse. Set aside both pasta and reserved pasta water.
In another pot, make the roux. Melt eight tablespoons of butter and stir in 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour. Cook on medium-medium high heat and stir constantly until the flour is lightly golden brown.
Add the milk and stir well. Then, add all of the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
To this, add one can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup.
Followed by the addition of the reserved pasta water and chicken stock.
Then, it’s time to add in the salt and pepper and garlic powder. Stir well and cook for approximately five minutes on medium high heat.
After this add the cooked pasta to the pot and cook for a minute or two.
Turn off the heat and add the finely grated cheese. Stir well. This will make the Chicken Tetrazzini thick, rich and creamy.
And, in no time at all, it’s ready to be served.
Scoop into bowls. Enjoy!
For more tasty pasta recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section and these delicious dishes:
- One Pot Cheesy Taco Bake
- 10 Minute One Pan Pasta
- Easy Baked Italian Penne Pasta with Meat and Cheese Sauce
- Basil Pesto Pasta
- Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce and Sausage
Campbell’s Chicken Tetrazzini
- 1 lb pasta uncooked
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups cooked chicken or turkey, chopped into cubes
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup onions chopped finely
- 1 cup French’s Original Fried Onions
- 10.5 oz Campbell’s® cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup pasta water reserved
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan asiago, or pecorino cheese
- Cook pasta noodles according to box instructions. Set aside 1 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta but do not rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large pot, add butter and flour. Stir together on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add milk slowly to roux and allow the flour-butter mixture to thicken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except pasta, cheese, pasta water and chicken stock. Stir well.
- Next, add the pasta water and chicken stock. Again stir well.
- Cook everything together for about 5 minutes on a slow simmer.
- Next add the pasta. Stir while cooking for a 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese. Stir well.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy!