This recipe for Baked Brie Wrapped in Puff Pastry is made with rich crescent dough wrapped around a brie round. Step by step instructions.
How to Make Brie Wrapped in Puff Pastry Recipe
Need a quick appetizer? Try this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry recipe that is made with crescent dough wrapped around brie. Great with croutons, crackers and vegetable wedges.
With just a few simple steps and using three ingredients (brie, crescent dough, and egg whites), you too can make a simple but elegant appetizer for your next gathering.
This recipe for Brie Wrapped in Puff Pastry is packed with cheesy goodness and so simple and easy to make, you won’t be able to get enough of this decadent appetizer.
Many years ago I came across this recipe and haven’t looked back since. Simply put, it’s one of those appetizers that my guest rave about because while it looks decadent and time-consuming, it really isn’t.
Translated: “en croûte” means “in a crust.” The crust referred to is actually a crescent dough, that’s light and delicate but super easy to wrap around your Brie wedge.
I’ve used frozen pastry sheets or you can use something quick and easy like Pillsbury’s crescent roll dough sheets, right from your favorite store’s refrigerator case.
Just serve it along with sliced, toasted rustic bread, crackers, fresh fruit and nuts. Delicious!
Now, many purists would say that one should just wrap up the Brie and serve it as is. For me, as well as others, sometimes varying the recipe a bit can bring it’s own special reward. Check out the many Filling Options below.
Finally, this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is the perfect appetizer to offer your guests anytime of the year. It’s as easy as varying the flavors of the filling to match the fruits of the season.
Lay out your puff pastry. (I used Immaculate Crescent Roll dough.)
Place Brie on the pastry dough. (No need to remove rind. It is edible.)
Wrap pastry dough around cheese, brush on egg whites or butter and bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Brie Wrapped Puff Pastry Recipe Variations
As mentioned above, include one or more of these delicious alternatives to enhance your snacking pleasure when making pastry-wrapped Brie:
• raspberry preserves
• orange marmalade
• roasted garlic
• cranberry sauce with orange zest
• apricot and rosemary chutney
• tart cherry filling with or without sliced almonds
• pecans and caramel
• chopped walnuts and fig preserves
• ground pink peppercorn
For more delicious appetizer ideas, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Baked Brie Wrapped in Puff Pastry Recipe
- 13 ounces Brie Cheese approximately
- 8 ounces crescent rolls sheet or use pastry dough from Immaculate or Pillsbury
- 1 egg white whipped lightly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Open up dough packaging and lay it out on a cookie sheet.
- Remove Brie from store packaging and place it in the middle of the dough.
- Separate the yoke from the egg white and whip egg whites gently. Then, using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the dough.
- Wrap the pastry around the Brie wedge and finish brushing the egg whites on the outside of the package.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry becomes golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly for about five minutes. Serve immediately.