Start your day off right with this make-ahead recipe for Basic Baked Oatmeal that’s gluten free and loaded with fruit and nuts.
How to Make Basic Baked Oatmeal Recipe
The star ingredient for this recipe, Basic Baked Oatmeal, is gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats, which is a definite win-win for those folks who want and/or need to avoid gluten in their diet.
In addition, this 100% whole grain includes all of the nutritious bran, germ and endosperm that whole grains offer, which is not only a delicious way to start your day, but a healthy one, too!
And, when paired with fresh fruit and nuts, you’ll find that this baked oatmeal offers layers of flavor and tummy-loving goodness.
Ingredients to Make Basic Baked Oatmeal
Bob’s Red Mill is a great place to start when choosing old fashioned rolled oats. This is because it is handled exclusively in a dedicated gluten free facility and tested for gluten free using an ELISA Gluten Assay test.
You’ll find that this product also comes in a large bag, which is perfect for making multiple batches of this baked oatmeal recipe.
Here are some of the other key ingredients required for this recipe:
DID YOU KNOW? This one-bowl baked oatmeal recipe can be made a day ahead which makes it the perfect meal for folks on the go.
Following the order of ingredients listed on the recipe card (below), place them in a large bowl and stir well. After a brief rest, pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
Next, place the baking pan in a preheated 375 degree F oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the center is set.
Remove from the oven and slice and serve immediately…
…or, cool, refrigerate and eat at a later time. Enjoy!
DID YOU KNOW? This Basic Baked Oatmeal can be frozen, if well wrapped, up to six months.
Healthy Meal Variation
For a healthy, balanced breakfast, serve with a protein like these spinach-laced, scrambled eggs.
It’s definitely a great way to start your busy day!
As you can see this recipe is perfect as a standalone meal or with your favorite additions. You can’t go wrong with this quick and easy Basic Baked Oatmeal recipe. Enjoy!
For more delicious breakfast recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section, as well as these hearty, family favorites:
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour Pumpkin Muffins
- Homemade Granola
- Fruity Ricotta Smoothie Recipe
- Easy Chorizo Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Mini Muffin Frittatas
- 10 Minute Eggs Benedict
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Basic Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups gluten-free old fashioned whole grain rolled oats* (Bob's Red Mill, recommended)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup ripe banana mashed (approx. 1 regular-sized banana)
- 1 cup blueberries fresh/frozen
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts chopped roughly
- nonstick spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°degrees F.
- Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and stir until combined well. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour thickened batter into greased baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Cover any leftovers tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze up to 6 months. Enjoy!