These Baked Garlic Herb Potato Wedges are crusty on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. It’s the perfect side dish alongside most meats.
How to Make Baked Garlic Herb Potato Wedges
Eating healthy isn’t that difficult when you stick with simple ingredients like those in my Baked Herb Potato Wedges recipe.
Never made potato wedges, you say? Well, you’re truly missing something wonderful.
Truth be told, I love fries with my hamburgers but when one considers that one serving of this delicacy has at least 365 calories, I have to say no–at least this time around.
So what to do?
Make potato wedges. Not only do wedges provide a bit of crunch (like fries) but it also offers a tender potatoey inside that comes in at a slim 201 calories–that’s 164 calories less than the fried version. For that reason alone, I’d say this recipe for Garlic Herb Potato Wedges is a definite winner.
This recipe starts with four Russet potatoes that are washed and dried.
It’s best to use same size potatoes for this recipe. It makes for even baking overall.
Then slice each potato lengthwise.
And, follow this by cutting long wedges off each half.
Depending upon the size of each potato half, you can get about four to five wedges.
Once the wedges have been cut, it’s best if you drizzle them with olive oil. This helps keep the potatoes from browning. It also will help crisp up the wedges when baking. I like to use extra virgin olive oil for this task.
Sprinkle on herbs (see HERB MIX in recipe below).
Make sure each potato wedge is well covered.
Then, place the baking sheet in a preheated oven (425 degrees F) to bake for about 45 minutes. And, while you’re waiting for them to crisp up, it’s time to make your meat portion of the meal. I like to make up a batch of hamburgers to serve with the Garlic Herb Potato Wedges.
Finally, once the wedges are baked to perfection, serve them hot, right out of the oven. Enjoy!
For more delicious potato side dish recipes, be sure to check out my Pinterest Board, Side Dish Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker and these Wisconsin Homemaker family favorites:
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes with Bacon Recipe
- Pan Fried Breakfast Potatoes with Dill
- Smashed Potatoes Recipe
- Canadian Poutine Fries Recipe
- German Potato Salad
- Homemade French Fries
Baked Garlic Herb Potato Wedges
- 4 russet potatoes sliced lengthwise into wedges
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp roasted garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut parchment paper to the size of a sided sheet pan. Set aside.
- Wash, rinse and dry 4 russet potatoes.
- Cut each potato lengthwise and then into wedges.
- Drizzle olive oil on all of the potato wedges.
- Place the potato wedges on the parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle the herb mix over the potatoes. Any leftover herb mix can be placed in a sealed container.
- Place sheet pan into the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!