Instead of making a large frittata, try this recipe for Bacon, Egg and Cheese Mini Muffin Frittatas that are perfect reheated or frozen.
Large in Taste – Bacon Egg and Cheese Mini Muffin Frittatas
Take the muss and fuss away from making a large frittata and try this recipe for Bacon, Egg and Cheese Mini Muffin Frittatas. Not only are they delicious the day-of but also can be reheated or even frozen to be eaten at a later date.
I love frittatas for their simplicity. Most often I turn to this recipe when I’m either short on time or just want to make something easy for a change.
Bacon Egg and Cheese Mini Muffin Frittatas are perfect for brunches or for quick meals on the go. Just place them in a bowl and let your family and friends serve themselves.
The advantage to doing so, is that the frittatas bake up quicker and are perfect for individualized portion control.
Here are some tips to further streamline this recipe:
• Use leftover baked potatoes to make the “base” for this recipe. But you can certainly use grated potatoes or store-bought Simply Potatoes if you want to.
• Microwave the bacon, rather than fry it, for quick assembly.
• Place all of your ingredients into bowls, so that you can move–assembly line style–from one to the other, adding to the layers in your tins, one by one.
Cooking Tip: To include more veggies, use mini broccoli florets, minced red peppers, finely chopped cherry tomatoes (remove seeds), or fresh torn spinach.
For more ideas to make your morning meal a breeze, check out my Pinterest Board: Breakfast Recipes from Wisconsin Homemaker.
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Mini Muffin Frittatas
Take the muss and fuss away from creating a large frittata and instead make small ones, Bacon Egg and Cheese Mini Muffin Frittatas, that are not only delicious the day-of but also can be reheated or even frozen to be eaten at a later date.
- 6 eggs large, beaten
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes or freshly grated potato, or chopped leftover baked potato
- 6 slices bacon fried or microwaved--chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions or scallions chopped finely
- Non-stick spray
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Prepare your muffin or mini-muffin tins with non-stick spray.
Begin evenly distributing and then layering the ingredients, one by one. Start with the potatoes first. Next add bacon, then green onions, followed by beaten egg--fill to the rim.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Once baked, remove from oven and let cool for five minutes.
Remove mini frittatas from muffin pan by sliding a butter knife around the circumference of frittata in each cup. Frittatas should come out easily. Enjoy!
If you'd like to add additional veggies, be sure to chop them up finely. Layer accordingly.