This family favorite dip: Roasted Eggplant Hummus recipe, is made with roasted eggplant, ground chickpeas, tahini and rich spices.
How to Make Roasted Eggplant Hummus Recipe
This recipe for Roasted Eggplant Hummus is a definite must for dip-lovers.
I love this recipe because it’s one of those dips that’s both rich and creamy and so easy to make.
But unlike the classic recipe for Baba Ganoush, this version includes chickpeas, although you can also use cannellini beans as a substitute, if that’s all you have in your pantry.
Either way, it’s a nutritionally sound and healthy dip that’s great anytime of the year.
I like to serve this rustic hummus with toasted pita chips, crusty bread or crudités.
Recipe Suggestion – Make it a Wrap
You can also take your Roasted Eggplant Hummus one step further and make it into a wrap for an amazing meal or snack. Be sure to slip in long slices of red pepper, cucumber and julienne carrots for a bit of crunch.
If you like this recipe, be sure to give Mixed Bean Hummus a try. It’s another quick and easy and healthy dip that’s perfect for parties or snacks.
And for more delicious dip recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
Roasted Eggplant Hummus Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant sliced in half lengthwise, roasted, flesh removed
- 15 oz chickpeas canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp water if needed
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the eggplant slices cut side down on a prepared baking sheet and roast until fork tender for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Let the eggplant cool for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop out the eggplant flesh and place in a food processor.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. Pulse until almost smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick add a little water.
- Serve with pita chips, crusty bread, or vegetable wedges.