This Asian-inspired Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe uses fresh squeezed orange juice, ginger and garlic.
This zesty Chinese Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe will waken your tastebuds.
Made simply with breaded chicken nuggets, fresh squeezed orange juice, zest, ginger, garlic and soy sauce, it’ll become your go-to recipe in a pinch.
How to Make Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
Recently, I needed a main dish recipe that I could make in a pinch, being that it was well past dinnertime and I was in a time crunch.
So I thought, what better way to use up extra veggies then a with quick stir fry. And, what goes great with stir-fried veggies? Orange Chicken.
I like to make my own homemade breaded chicken nuggets, but being as it was past six o’clock, I had to move fast.
In a moment of inspiration, I remembered that my local deli made chicken nuggets. And, since the store was just around the corner from me, I called ahead and they had two pounds of delicious, hot chicken nuggets ready for me.
All I had to do from there was assemble the rest of the ingredients and whola! Asian Orange Chicken Stir-Fry!
And, yes, it’s THAT good.
Keep in mind that you will want to forgo the salt if you buy pre-made or store-bought chicken nuggets.
Between the soy sauce (you can use low-sodium) and the breading, which always includes plenty of salt, it’ll be too over-powering–meaning too salty.
RELATED: Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets
Remember: You can always add more salt but you cannot take the salt out once it’s in.
Finally, I wanted to mention that since this sauce is so good, you might want to make just a wee bit more for added dipping. I know I will the next time I make it.
For more delicious Asian-inspired recipes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section and these family favorites:
- Asian Sesame Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Sesame Ahi Tuna Steaks with Ginger Garlic Soy Sauce
- Easy Japanese Garlic Noodles Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Pineapple Recipe
Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken nuggets (homemade or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (you can also use low sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2-1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- zest of two oranges
- grated peel of one orange (use a rasper)
- 1 cup green onions chopped, (green leaves, only)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 cups cooked rice (optional)
- 16 oz frozen stir-fried vegetables
- Prepare rice per instructions on the package.
- In a small bowl add one cup of orange juice and dissolve the corn starch in it.
- Add this mixture to a high-sided fry pan and add the rest of the ingredients, except the chicken nuggets.
- Heat the sauce on medium high until thickened (approximately 1 minute), add chicken nuggets and gently toss in the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with rice and stir fried veggies.