This flavorful Artichoke Hearts with Braised Sausage and Pasta recipe is made with fresh ground Italian sausage, marinated artichoke hearts, and penne pasta.
How to Make Easy Artichoke Hearts with Braised Sausage and Pasta Recipe
When it comes to non-tomato Italian recipes I believe my easy Artichoke Hearts with Braised Sausage Pasta has it beat.
It incorporates all the very best that Italy has to offer, including fresh ground Italian sausage, artichoke hearts, red onions and a bit of spice, thanks to red pepper flakes.
It’s easy, because this recipe is a one-pan wonder that you add layer upon layer of ingredients so that everything melds together in a rich and elegant tasting dish.
I like to serve it as is, right out of the pan.
You’ll love this recipe because it’s hearty enough for all family members, young and old.
Artichoke Hearts and Braised Sausage Ingredients
This recipe uses easy to find ingredients and when combined, makes an extraordinary dinner for one or more.
- extra virgin olive oil
- red onion
- marinated artichoke hearts
- red pepper flakes
- lemon juice
- fresh parsley
- sweet Italian sausage links
- white wine
- chicken stock
- penne pasta
Begin by cutting the sausage links into small bite-size chunks, then set aside.
Next, in a large frying pan, add olive oil and red pepper flakes and heat for one minute on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until softened.
Add chopped garlic and and sausage. Fry for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, pink color gone.
To the pan, add drained marinated artichokes along with the rest of the other ingredients, except butter and pasta. Cook for 10 minutes on a simmer and stir constantly.
Finally, add butter and pasta. Stir well and heat through for another five minutes. Remove from heat, serve hot. Enjoy!
For more delicious easy dinner ideas, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section and these skillet favorites:
- 10 Minute One Pan Pasta
- One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet Dinner Recipe
- Italian Vegetarian Skillet Pasta
- Skillet Eggplant Parmigiana
- Skillet Salisbury Steak
Artichoke Hearts with Braised Sausage Pasta Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts strained
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links (approximately 4 links)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 3 cups cooked Penne Pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by cutting links into small bite-size chunks. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a large frying pan, add olive oil and red pepper flakes. Heat for one minute and add onions.
- Sauce onions for about a minute or two until softened.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Next add sausage and fry for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, pink color gone.
- To the pan add drained marinated artichokes, along with the rest of the other ingredients, except butter and pasta.
- Cook for 10 minutes on a simmer and stir constantly.
- Finally, add butter and pasta. Stir well and heat through for another five minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!