Made with fresh apples and raisins and spice, this Apple Dump Cake with Pecans is rich and moist and oh so delicious.
How to Make Apple Dump Cake with Pecans Recipe
Living near apple orchards has its advantages. And, the most important is that I get to enjoy the freshest fruit possible.
So what better way to celebrate the amazingly simple but tasty apple than with this easy cinnamon Apple Dump Cake with Pecans recipe.
You might not know this, but there are quite a lot of apple orchards found in Southeastern Wisconsin. In many cases, you can go and pick your own, which makes for a wonderful family outing.
So it’s no wonder why I love to share my favorite apple recipes and must know tips here on Wisconsin Homemaker: Best Apples for Cooking and Eating.
You see, apples are very versatile and can easily go from sweet to savory with just a change in the type and amount of spice.
For me, you can’t beat the smell of an Apple Dump Cake.
And, it’s super moist and rich and packed with over three cups of finely chopped apples.
I like to toss in some raisins for good measure, along with the requisite cinnamon. It’s the perfect dessert cake for any occasion.
And, speaking of occasions, I like to use this dessert as one of my go-to recipes for potlucks and other special events.
What you’ll love about this recipe is that as a dump cake, you don’t have to fuss or muss with a lot of bowls. The only hard part is peeling and chopping up the apples.
Then, all you have to do is dump all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
To add a bit of crunch, top the cake with a thin layer of brown sugar and chopped pecans. Then into the oven the cake goes to bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You can slice and eat this cake once it has cooled or you can guild the lily and frost it with a cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
Want More Apple Recipes? Check These Out!
- Apple Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Easy Fried Apples
- Annabel Langbein One Pot Spiced Apple Cake Recipe
- Caramel Apple Cheese Ball Recipe
- Old Fashioned Apple Tart with Apricot Glaze
- Classic French Apple Tart Tatin
- Easy Apple Stuffing
Apple Dump Cake with Pecans
For the cake:
- 3 cups apples chopped finely
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 eggs large
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans chopped (or you can use walnuts)
For the frosting:
- 12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectionary sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a well-greased 9×13 inch cake pan, place all the ingredients, except the brown sugar and nuts. Mix well.
For the topping.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top of the batter, and then follow with the chopped nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour.
For the frosting:
- Using a stand mixer, with paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and butter.
- Next, add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Finally, add the confectionary sugar, 1/2 cup at a time and allow it to completely combine with the rest of the ingredients before you add the next amount.
- Spread over the cooled cake. Slice. Serve. Enjoy!