Quick and easy and made from scratch, these Amish Pancakes are light and fluffy and perfect for breakfast and brunch.
Quick and Easy Amish Pancakes
Years ago, I forget which one, my husband and I had traveled through Amish country in Iowa and came across a lovely restaurant and craft shop that inspired this recipe.
The pancakes we tasted were so indicative of the Amish tradition of frugal meets great taste, that we had to make them for ourselves.
Fast forward to today and I am still making these pancakes for my family, although it has evolved into my own personal favorite recipe that’s super simple to make and all from scratch.
And, it’s a one bowl recipe which means little clean up and that’s a plus when you are in a rush.
You’ll love these pancakes because they’re light and fluffy and perfect with your favorite toppings.
You don’t have to limit yourself to just plain pancakes. Try these recipe variations or mix and match to create your own one-of-a-kind breakfast masterpiece:
- chopped walnuts
- chocolate chips
- mashed bananas
- chopped fresh pineapple
- chopped fried apples
- sour cream (add 1/2 cup to the recipe)
- buttermilk (replaces the milk in the recipe)
- 1 minute oatmeal
- chopped pecans
Try these amazing toppings with your Amish pancakes:
- dollop of sour cream
- homemade jam, jelly, marmalade
- cherry syrup
- whipped cream
- grated chocolate
- warmed blueberry, apple, or cherry filling
- canned peaches
If you love this recipe, be sure to try my other “favorite” pancake recipe: Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. It’s made with real roasted pumpkin and fresh spices.
Amish Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- Maple Syrup optional
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients in the order that is listed. Mix well with a whisk. Spoon or ladle pancake batter into a heated, buttered frypan. Flip once when bubble form on top of pancake. Remove each pancake from heat when golden brown on the opposite side. Serve with warm maple syrup. Enjoy!