This quick, easy and healthy 10 Minute One Pan Pasta easily fits in a large fry pan and feeds a family of four with leftovers to spare.
Vegetarian and Meat Lover’s Delight: 10 Minute One Pan Pasta
There are times when you have to get a meal on the table in a very short amount of time. That’s the beauty of this recipe: One Pan Pasta. Everything is assembled in a large fry pan and cooks in under 10 minutes. Now that’s fast.
Love veggies? Add whatever you like, including spinach, broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms. And, if you want to alter your noodle type from whole wheat pasta to Japanese Soban noodles, you can.
Love meat? Absolutely. You can add your favorite Italian sausage, pepperoni or ground beef with no problem. One pound is all you need. Just allow for extra time so that the meat will completely cook through or cook the meat in a separate fry pan and add it to your pasta mixture.
RELATED: Classic Minestrone Soup with Sausage
How to Make 10 Minute One Pan Pasta Recipe
The secret to this recipe’s success is using a deep fry pan to place your ingredients in.
First, start with one pound of pasta (plain or wheat, works well), some chopped tomatoes, onions, fresh basil, garlic, a few pepper flakes, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
You will be cooking this dish on medium-high to high heat. So once you turn on the burner, it’s best if you keep watch over the pasta from start to finish.
Keep stirring the pasta every minute or so to keep the ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Cooking Tip: I like to use a pair of tongs to keep the pasta cook evenly and also from sticking together.
Around 8-9 minutes, test your pasta for doneness (think al dente) then remove the pasta from the heat.
Most pasta will need up to 10 minutes or so before it gets to this point. But do check. You don’t want soggy pasta.
Then it’s time to plate, serve and Enjoy!
Recommended Products to Make This Recipe
10 Minute One Pan Pasta is made easier with these recommended products:
For more delicious pasta dishes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section, as well as these family favorites:
- Artichoke Hearts with Braised Sausage and Pasta
- Italian Vegetarian Skillet Pasta
- Basil Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce and Sausage
- Authentic Bolognese Ragu
10 Minute One Pan Pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 16 ounces spaghetti plain or whole grain
- 2 cups tomatoes cubed or 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pepperoni chopped finely (optional)
- 1 cup onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil chiffonade
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 4 1/2 cups Water more if needed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan-Reggiano cheese freshly grated
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pan in the order that the ingredients are listed above, except for the Parmesan cheese.
- Once you add the water, turn on the stove burner to medium high – high heat.
- Keep stirring throughout the cooking process, making sure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- In about 10 minutes, test your pasta for doneness (al dente). If it is, then remove it from the heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add Parmesan-Reggiano cheese.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!