This quick and easy healthy vegetarian 10 Minute One Pan Pasta easily fits in a large fry pan and feeds a family of four with leftovers to spare.
Easy Breezy and Vegetarian 10 Minute One Pan Pasta
There are times when you have to get a meal on the table in a very short amount of time. That’s the beauty of this vegetarian recipe: One Pan Pasta. Everything is assembled in a large fry pan and cooks in under 10 minutes. Now that’s fast.
10 Minute One Pan Pasta recipe is a vegetarian dish. But, you can add your favorite Italian sausage, pepperoni or ground beef with no problem.
Love veggies? Add whatever you like, including spinach, broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms. And, if you want to alter your noodle type from whole wheat pasta to Japanese Soban noodles, you can.
Now for the recipe…
The secret to this recipe’s success is using a deep fry pan to place all of the ingredients in.
RELATED: Classic Minestrone Soup with Sausage
First, start with one pound of pasta (plain or wheat, works well), some chopped tomatoes, onions, fresh basil, garlic, a few pepper flakes, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
You will be cooking this dish on medium-high to high heat. So once you turn on the burner, it’s best if you keep watch over the pasta from start to finish.
Cooking Tip: I like to use a pair of tongs to keep the pasta cook evenly and also from sticking together.
After 10 minutes, test your pasta for doneness (think al dente) then remove the pasta from the heat.
Plate. Serve. Enjoy!
Recommended Products to Make This Recipe
10 Minute One Pan Pasta is made easier with these recommended products:
For more delicious pasta dishes, be sure to check out Wisconsin Homemaker’s Recipe Section.
10 Minute One Pan Pasta
Super simple recipe that uses one large fry pan and all of the ingredients are assembled at the start. Cooks in under 10 minutes. Easily feeds a family of four with leftovers to spare.
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 16 ounces spaghetti plain or whole grain
- 2 cups tomatoes cubed or 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pepperoni chopped finely (optional)
- 1 cup onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil chiffonade
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 4 1/2 cups Water more if needed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan-Reggiano cheese freshly grated
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pan in the order that the ingredients are listed above, except for the Parmesan cheese.
- Once you add the water, turn on the stove burner to medium high – high heat.
- Keep stirring throughout the cooking process, making sure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
In about 10 minutes, test your pasta for doneness (al dente). If it is, then remove it from the heat.
Salt and pepper to taste. Add Parmesan-Reggiano cheese.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!