This quick and easy 1 Minute Fudge Recipe uses dulce de leche, block chocolate and a microwave to make the best no-fail fudge ever.
How to Make 1 Minute Fudge Recipe
This is a no-fail 1 Minute Fudge Recipe that is so simple to make and deliciously rich and creamy, too, which makes this the perfect recipe for both beginner and pro alike.
You’ll love it because it is without a doubt one of the most quick and easy chocolate fudge recipes you’ll ever find. Just one minute cook time–that’s it. Not bad for making fudge that is to die for.
But don’t forget to make enough fudge to give as a gift to your favorite chocoholic.
Cream of Tartar
Cream of Tartar stops the chocolate from crystalizing. If you’ve ever eaten dry, crumbly fudge, you know what I mean. Cream of Tartar binds with the chocolate to keep the mixture from forming crystals. What is left is fudge that tastes like fudge–if you know what I mean.
Corn starch helps the chocolate mixture to thicken properly. Once the chocolate is heated, it needs to cool down and set up. The corn starch binds with the mixture to aid in setting up properly. It takes the guesswork out of wondering if your mixture has too much liquid. The result of using this is you get both a creamy fudge that’s not too soft and sticky or too hard and brittle–but just right.
Dulce de Leche
Dulce de Leche is my ultimate secret weapon toward making delicious 1 Minute Fudge. You’ve probably seen this product on the grocery shelf but didn’t know what it was. Simply put, dulce de leche is cooked sweetened condensed milk.
When you open the can, you’ll see that the contents are golden brown. This is because the sugars have been caramelized, making this product so rich and creamy with caramel overtones.
It also helps the fudge keep stable as it goes through the cooking process in the microwave. That way, you’re assured of the most creamy, chocolatey fudge this side of the equator.
The best part is that when you put these three ingredients together, the final product is one that offers no graininess, but only smooth and rich chocolate fudge.
Assemble the ingredients for this recipe.
Start with three boxes (4 ounces each) Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Squares.
Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Place the chocolate in a microwaveable glass bowl.
Next add one can (14 ounces) of NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche Sweetened Condensed Milk. It differs from the regular sweetened condensed milk that you’d find in the grocery store in that it is cooked, making it darker, like the color of caramel.
To this add cream of tartar and corn starch and microwave on High (or Level 10, depending upon your microwave) for one minute.
Spoon in the fudge and spread it out evenly, especially into the corners.
By the way, tasting the warm fudge is optional.
Refrigerate until set, for approximately two hours.
Once set, remove from the refrigerator and lift out of the pan. Cut into squares.
Wrap individually or store together in a tightly sealed container. I like to use parchment paper between the layers of fudge.
You can leave the fudge on the counter (up to three days) or in the refrigerator (up to five days). Freeze up to three months.
Then, it’s time to eat. Enjoy!
Fudge Recipe Variations
Keep in mind that 1 Minute Fudge is a basic recipe and if you are adventurous and bold enough to try different ingredients, the sky’s the limit.
Here are just a few of my favorite recommendations to try individually or to mix and match:
- chocolate chunks
- butter scotch chips
- macadamia nuts
- candied cherries
- peppermint bits
- dried cherries
- dried chopped apricots
- dried dates
- dried figs
1 Minute Fudge Recipe
- 12 oz Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Squares chopped into small chunks (You can also substitute with 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate morsels.)
- 14 oz NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
- Prepare a 9 inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil up the sides (use a bit extra for “flaps”) and spray base and sides of aluminum foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl (glass preferred), place all of the ingredients, except the vanilla extract.
- Microwave on HI for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir well.
- Add vanilla extract or Pinnacle Whipped Vodka. Stir well.
- Spoon into baking pan and press well into the sides.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- Remove from the pan by lifting up on the flaps.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Store in a tightly covered container on the counter up to 5 days.
- If you want to wrap fudge into individual portions, use dry waxed tissue paper or plastic wrap.